Monday, December 10, 2012

The Weekend Wrap-up

 

 

Oh, and what a weekend it was! 

 

Friday morning, I was at DD’s bright and early … DD had another vendor fair and T#1 wanted to go with.  I fed the littles breakfast, got them dressed and brought them here to Nana’s house for the day.  We had a great time … we played cars, blocks, Little People, and even a little Angry Bird Star Wars.We took them back home in time to have dinner with DD and her family … it wasn’t anything fancy, but it was awesome to have the time together. 

 

Saturday morning, I was at DD’s even earlier so we could hit the road in time to be at the swim meet (2 hours from here).  Trust me when I say that I was not ready to get up when the alarm clock went off.  We were at the Recreation Center for 11+ hours; T#1 swam in 5 events and T#2 swam in 6; each heat lasted 1-2 minutes.  So according to my math, we watched them swim for 20-25 minutes of those 11+ hours.  Still, it was worth it … they were cooperative and had great attitudes, were helpful and considerate, and shaved time off their previous bests on every one of their events.  T#1 finished in the top 10 in each of his events (for all age groups, including 16-17 y.o. boys).  It was a fantastic day, and I was so glad to be able to be a part of it.  Needless to say, when I got home, I crashed. 

 

Even so, the alarm sounded way too early Sunday morning.  Still, we got up and got to church.  My plan was to just take it easy the rest of the day … but as is so often the case, my plans were altered.  A young high school girl at our church had to move to a town about 20-25 minutes from here, and her family doesn’t have the budget to be able to make the trip to church twice on Sunday.  So when I found out that she needed a ride to youth group tonight, I offered to pick her up and take her back home afterwards.  Since the high schoolers meet at 5:30, DH and I met for dinner at Panera after I dropped her off at church.   And I “hit the hay” not long after I got home Sunday night, too. 

 

 

Looks like my Monday is going to be a busy day, too.  I have my monthly women’s breakfast; I need to return a few things at Target (and no doubt buy a few things while I’m there – ha!); I have a 12:15 appointment to apply for Social Security; I need to finish wrapping our Christmas gifts; and we have our small group Christmas party this evening.  Whew!  Winking smile

17 comments:

  1. I have a Christmas party tonight also. I am looking forward to my first one. Reading your post just made me tired. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you sure did a lot over the weekend! And the Christmas party will sure keep you up for a bit. Social security sign up all ready! Your too young for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! Your week-end sounds quite busy. The long meets made me think of when my oldest son was growing up (actually he didn't start these until he was 13) we went to ALL day karate tournaments. Hours and hours of OTHER kids performing, sparring and competing, and maybe all together a half hour of yours, haha. The fact that my son always did well and came home with multiple tropheys made it "kind of" worth it, lol, but not really. They became MUCH more enjoyable when he entered the black belt competitions and the competition was then really something to behold. I remember bringing cards, and homework for his younger brothers and sister, and doing alot of whinning, haha. Don't know if even a grandkid could entice me back for one of these. Actually I guess we have gone to a couple of his kids tournaments but we only stayed a couple of hours and caught what we could. You are such a devoted Grandma! I need to go to Target either today or tomorrow too. Not done shopping, and not a single gift is wrapped. Enjoy your party tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is wonderful that you are so involved in your grand children's life. Sounds like a long day at the pool though. I find the month of December is very busy - I have to pace myself. Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping at my blog.
    Sounds like you had a busy, but good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Tis the season, huh? Things are busy everywhere! Congrats to your grandson on the swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 11 hours is a long time to be at a swim meet...or any meet for that matter! However, you were part of such a tremendous accomplishment! That's really all that matters in the end, right?

    So nice of you to help out that high school girl. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

    I need to pay Target a little visit myself...it was so crowded over the weekend that I avoided it at all costs! Have a good one, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow are you busy!! I am really hoping that this week isn't full of surprises. I have been hooking a bit today so so far it is very nice.
    I wonder how you ever had time to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really busy! Congrats to the grandson on his swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I'm tired just reading about your activities, but they're all so good, you are blessed!

    Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A swim meet in December-that's brutal : ) Glad you enjoyed your busy full blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, you're making me tired just hearing about it all. haha We had Panera for lunch on Sunday with my hubby's parents and brother & his family. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was sweet of you to take that girl to youth group Kathy!! WTG for the T's and their swimming accomplishments! Great exercise and fun with the competition! Son's best friend in high school was a swimmer so we're familiar with meets, etc.

    We have a Panera here but I haven't been yet; might have to put it on my New Year's resolutions to try it out :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  14. This time of year is so busy, busy, busy. At least you are getting to spend time with the loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there, I hope your day today was a bit slower and more relaxed. Mine was busy but I'm looking forward to a couple of slower days. Have a great evening.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, at least your busy is a good busy- surrounded by family and friends! There will be time for sleep and rest...at some point. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't even know who Angry Birds Star Wars are! That was an busy day on Saturday. How sweet of you to drive the girl to youth group.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)