Friday, January 21, 2011

Greetings from my igloo!

At least that's what my cubicle feels like.  It was -3 today when I left the house to come to work (with a wind chill of -13).  I may have to go back to the supply room to see if there's a space heater back there.

Yesterday was a snow day, so I got to stay home and sew ... I did some more piecing on T#4's big girl quilt.  This quilt (a log-cabin variation) has 42 star blocks that form the center of log cabin blocks ... the star blocks are pieced from 5 solid squares and 4 pieced squares (which form the points of the stars).  I'm piecing the squares into strips, and 3 strips are joined to form the star block.  I've got 1/3 of the strips sewn together, and I'm hoping to get them sewn into star blocks over the weekend.  Then I'll "only" have 28 more star blocks to work on.  <sigh>  The good news is that once I've got the star blocks finished, the log cabin strips should sew on fairly quickly.  I should have a picture of a star block to post next week.  I also started hand quilting T#2's doll quilt; it was part of my local quilt guild's challenge to finish a UFO by May.  Since it's a doll quilt, I shouldn't have any trouble getting that quilted and bound by May. 

The forecast is for sub-freezing temperatures for the next 10 days or so ... so our 12 inches of snow will be here for a while.  And if that's not bad enough, we've got an inch or so in the forecast for tonight and 3-6 inches in the forecast for Sunday evening/Monday morning.  This is waaaaay more snow than we normally get ... but I'm not complaining because as most of you know, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE snow!!  So bring it on!  ;-)

1 comment:

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)