Joyce has come up with 8 more wonderful questions for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge ... a nice combination of easy-peasy questions and thought-provoking questions. If you'd like to join in (please do!), just click on the button above.
And now, without further ado, I bring you the answers to this week's questions:
1. Will you watch the Super Bowl? If so who will you root for? If you are outside the USA what is the 'big deal sporting event' in your own country?
Yes, I'll watch the Super Bowl. Not because I'm a football fan (because I'm definitely not), but because it's just THE. THING to do. Besides, it coincides with some birthdays in the family, so we usually have a birthday/Super Bowl combo party. I'm not much of a fan of either team, so I'll probably cheer for who everyone else in the party is cheering for.
2. Is ignorance bliss?
In my little world, yes. My glasses are very definitely rose-tinted. But I know that it's not realistic nor healthy and that living in reality is best.
3. Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (and just in case your Disney is a little bit rusty, here they are-Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy)
Bashful ... I'm really very shy until I get to know people well. But I'd like to think that I've got a decent amount of Happy in me, too ... life is too short to spend it grumpy or negative.
4. When you are riding in the car with another couple how do you organize the seating? (Men up front? Women up front? Couples sit together?) And thanks to Lori at Mountain Woman at Heart for the question! Everyone go say hi to Lori.
We usually do men in the front (so they can talk about their manly things) and women in the back (so we women can talk about the IMPORTANT things ... like grandbabies!).
5. What is beauty?
TRUE beauty is not what you see on the outside, regardless of what the world tries to tell us. And the Judge of true beauty has told us Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 1 Peter 3:4
6. If someone asks you to bring an appetizer or a dessert to a party in their home, which would you choose?
Dessert, simply because who doesn't love a good dessert? Besides, desserts are easier to prepare/bake ahead so that there's no last-minute scurrying about in the kitchen. Most of my favorite appetizers require a good bit of work and are best served piping hot right out of the oven, which isn't very conducive to taking to a party at someone else's home.
7. What is your crowd pleasing go-to appetizer?
Since I do dessert (see #6 please), I'm not sure I have a crowd-pleasing go-to appetizer. If I'm asked to bring an appetizer to a party, I'd probably do something dessert-ish like a chocolate chip cheese ball or strawberries and dip.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm so sad ... our snow is melting (am I the only one who immediately thought the Wicked Witch of the West's line "I'm melting ... I'm melting"?). The good news is that there's more snow in the forecast for tomorrow and early next week ... they're not predicting just how much yet, but another 3-6" would be awesome. In case you didn't know it by now, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE snow! ;-)