Today, I'm taking the time to be intentionally thankful for:
- Road crews - the main roads are all pretty clear, and the secondary roads are passable.
- Sunshine - after cloudy skies for the last 3-4 days, it's nice to see some sunshine today ... and the sparkling ice is pretty
- Changed weather forecasts - while I am disappointed that we didn't get much snow, I'm very thankful that we didn't get the 1 inch (or more) of ice that was in the forecast on Monday. Just 30-40 miles to the east, ice wreaked quite a bit of havoc.
- My hubby - he drove me to work this morning and dropped me off at the door so I wouldn't have to walk in from the employee parking lot (a 10+ minute walk) in the cold (it was 0 here this morning); I have Raynaud's, and no matter how warmly I dress, I feel the effects of the cold.
- Snow days - being a part-time, temporary employee, I don't get benefits, so I don't get paid when the University closes. Even so, there's still something liberating about getting an unexpected day off.