Is it Wednesday already? Feels like it’s only Tuesday … love those Monday holidays, but they sure do mess up the rest of the week. Maybe a little Hodgepodge will set things right.
1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?
2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.
Hmmmm, high school wasn’t one of my more pleasant periods … in my high school there were two groups: the really popular kids and the “hoods” (the really bad kids). I was neither … and introverted, so I never felt “connected”.
3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in parts of the U.S. last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize? Your thoughts?
I have to admit that while I did hear about the strike, I don’t know that I know enough about this to make a call here. I have to wonder, though, if they’re not cutting off their foot to spite their face … with unemployment numbers so high, employers shouldn’t have too much difficulty replacing the striking employees. And even if some fast food establishments do raise their wages, those employers are going to find some way to compensate, to keep costs down and remain competitive … more than likely that’s going to include eliminating positions.
4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favorite dish you make or eat that calls for honey?
At first reading, I thought you wrote National Hockey Month. I was ready to wax philosophic about what an underrated sport hockey is … then I reread your question and read National Honey Month. I don’t use much honey, but I do use some in Sweet, Sticky, Spicy Chicken.
5. If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt on inside-out, or some leftover lunch stuck between their teeth do you say something or do you keep quiet?
It depends on my relationship with that person … if I know the person, I’ll mention the tag or button. I’m not so sure on the inside-out shirt … it will depend on how noticeable it is as well as how well I know him/her. And the food between the teeth, I think I’d have to know the person pretty well to mention that.
6. What movie always makes you cry? Or at least makes you feel like crying?
I always cry when I watch movies like Steel Magnolias and Terms of Endearment … no matter how many times I watch them.
7. 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' was written in May of 1830, and published in Juvenile Miscellany in September of that same year. Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune.
Sorry, I can’t think of anything … drawing a blank on this one.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve got about 3 more rows’ worth of papers to remove on my quilt top. As I’m removing papers, I’m noticing that my machine is continuing to occasionally drop a few stitches. I’m marking with a pin the skipped stitches and will go back and restitch before sandwiching the top with the batting and backing … which I’m hoping will happen today? It will feel so good to get this in the hoop! Even though almost every part of this quilt, so far, has taken considerably longer than I’d anticipated, I’m expecting to meet my goal of getting this quilted before we leave on our trip.
Speaking of, we are now 8 days from heading out for Hilton Head! Woo hoo!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!