It’s Wednesday again, and it’s crunch time for our trip. I have to admit that I was tempted to just pass on this week’s Hodgepodge, but when I remembered that I’ll be missing next week’s, I had to jump in this week. Why don’t you join me – just click on the button above.
1. What's the best thing about growing older?
Grandchildren, without a doubt!
2. When did you first feel like a grown up?
When I became a mama. Suddenly I had someone else relying on me for her very existence … huge wake up call to adulthood.
3. Chocolate cake with white icing or white cake with chocolate icing?
White cake … and don’t be surprised if I scrape off the icing and just eat the cake.
4. What's the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
When I was a single mom and a full-time student, finishing up my degree, someone brought us a box of food. It was just what we needed.
5. What's something you learned from your grandparents?
I can’t think of anything. I spent a good bit of time with my maternal grandmother, but I can’t think of anything in particular that I learned from her.
6. Wednesday marks a sad day in the history of planet earth-9/11...what's something you do (or can do) to bring peace to your little corner of the world?
Be kind, be courteous, be patient, be loving.
7. Share a favorite quote, scripture, or song containing the word peace.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are now just a little over 24 hours from leaving. We’ll hit the road as soon as I get home from DD’s tomorrow morning. I’m not taking my laptop, so I won’t be blogging while we’re gone … I’m hoping to have a few pictures to share when we get back. See ya on the flipside!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!