1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?
I suppose you could say that I “showered” attention on DD last week when she was so sick.
2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!
Up until last year, DH and I would head to Florida each March for some spring training/spring break. We’d take in a game or two and see the sights. I think my favorite memory was seeing a manatee. Every spring I’d hope to see a manatee, and I saw one when we visited the Everglades!
3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?
I love pecans … I’m always disappointed if cookies don’t have some pecans. My favorite dish? Apple crumb pie.
4. 'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?
I’m not sure which one would be applied to my life lately … maybe a “good egg” as DH has been patient and understanding of the long days at DD’s and my exhaustion when I’ve come home … he’s willingly picked up a lot of the slack here.
5. In my experience___________________________________.
Worry accomplishes nothing.
6. What's a favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?
Let It Rain
7. What does the word hope mean to you?
To me, hope is not just wishful thinking … it’s an assurance that regardless of what happens here on this earth, God is in control.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
8. Insert your own random thought here.
There are more signs of spring … trees are starting to get some buds, grass is greening up, spring flowers are starting to bloom … I do believe spring has finally sprung here in southwestern Illinois!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!