Friday, August 1, 2014

Hello, August!


I am having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that it’s August already!  It feels like it should just be May … could it be that the almost spring-like weather we’ve been enjoying contributes to the feeling that we’re still in late spring?  All I know is that time is flying by!

One thing that reminds me that it’s summer, not spring, is this:
photo
I know you don’t get a very good idea of the size of this tomato from the photo … it’s 6” across and weighs 1.5 lbs.  It’ll be sliced and on my ham sandwich at lunch!  Winking smile

I spent most all morning yesterday on the phone.  After a lot of discussion, my ISP said that because I couldn’t send emails only on my mobile devices, it must be an Apple problem.  I called Apple who said that because it occurred on both devices and only for my primary email account (my blog account worked fine), it was an ISP problem.  By that point, I was done dealing with it.  I decided that I’d create another email account and see if it would work … if not, I’d use my gmail.com account.  And sure enough, the new email account works just fine.  I spent an hour or so changing my email address on as many places as I could think … I’m sure I’ll have to continue to make changes, but I got the important changes made.  I can make the others over time … since I continue to receive emails – just can’t send emails – I’m not going to sweat it too much.  Technology is wonderful … until something doesn’t work right … trying to get some help can be difficult!

After lunch, I spent the rest of my day quilting.  I’m making progress … I’m down to the outer 4 blocks all the way around.  Since my hoop will allow me to quilt 4 blocks at a time, I’m getting close to being done with the blocks … then it’ll be time to quilt the border.  I even sat down after dinner to do a little quilting … I used to quilt all day and most of the evening, but lately, I’ve gotten out of the habit to pick back up my quilting after dinner.  Last night I “forced” myself to pick up the hoop … and I got in over an hour of additional quilting time.  I don’t know why I’d “convinced” myself that I wasn’t in the mood to quilt after dinner??  I’m so glad that I’ve gotten myself back into that habit!  

And speaking of quilting, that’s how I plan to spend my day … whatever you choose to do, I hope you have a fabulous Friday!
Kathy

18 comments:

  1. we have had such a rainy cool summer that here too it doesn't seem like it should be August 1st, it still feels like spring. I have not enjoyed sitting out on my porch as I normally do in the summer, it has been too damp and too many bugs out - usually daytimes although warm will be comfortable on the porch - just a weird year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so frustrating to deal with the techy problems. I love it when they blame each other!!! ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tomato. We have been enjoying them too, taste so good fresh out of the garden. You are making real progress on your chevron quilt. I have no problem sitting down and quilting if I have a bunch of needles threaded, seems I get so much done if everything is pre prepared. This summer I will sit and hand quilt a bit during the day and put in applique stitches in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer has flown by! My kids go to school Aug 18th.... but we will have hot weather for a few more months. Sounds like you have a wonderful day of stitching planned. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your Friday quilting away. You put so much work in your blankets & you can tell ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love technology when it works! I hate technology when it doesn't! It does not sound like you got any help from anyone either, even more frustrating. I am glad you found a solution! You are going to have this quilt done soon with progress you are making. Why is it so hard to pick up our sewing in the evening? Beautiful tomato!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe it is August either. That is one big tomato! So sorry about those email issues :( I don't handle things like that very well anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one big tomato!
    Wish it was rainy and cool here!
    Enjoy your quilting--sent off your "prize" today. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy...to me, there is nothing better than homegrown tomatoes! I love to eat them right off the vine with a bit of salt. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an awesome tomato!!! It looks so good and I hope it tasted better.
    Having computer problems like that makes me crazy. I went through something like that too it was terrible but they are still the pits. How nice you got to quilt and have got so much done.
    It sounds so nice that you are having late May temps.
    I will think of you, it is 6:30 PM and it is 106 :( Have a great weekend, I will be swimming with my grands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I feel your pain about computer issues. It can be soooooo frustrating.

    That is a huge tomato for sure. Hubby's have produced by the ton but not that large. He's supplied everyone in the area with tomatoes.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I'd been busy!! Amazing tomato!! And DD's quilt is so pretty...I know she is going to love it for along time!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's nothing that tastes as good as a tomato fresh from the garden. Yum!
    August is the one month of the year when I think gives most of us pause. It feels like summer is almost over but really we normally have 6 to 8 weeks of great weather!
    As for the quilting, sometimes it just takes a little nudge to get started! Good for you for giving yourself that nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's nothing that tastes as good as a tomato fresh from the garden. Yum!
    August is the one month of the year when I think gives most of us pause. It feels like summer is almost over but really we normally have 6 to 8 weeks of great weather!
    As for the quilting, sometimes it just takes a little nudge to get started! Good for you for giving yourself that nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my how I hate technical problems! Even if I get someone on the phone from customer service, it's like they are speaking Greek and I end up frustrated.

    You have a lot of patience to quilt all day and then after dinner! When do you actually fix dinner? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's one fine tomato! I hope you enjoyed it on your sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Technology. What a wonderful thing! What a frustrating thing! At a meeting last MOnday night, a large group of women stared and looked at me and a friend as we frantically tried to get our technology to cooperate at a meeting. GRRR! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)