Wednesday, September 10, 2014
1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way?
I don’t imagine that we will do anything too special tomorrow … on each 9/11 we always remember that awful day and pray for the families impacted.
2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?
Yes (I have a real radio in the bathroom to listen to while getting ready in the morning, I have a real radio that I use when I’m working outside, and I listen to the radio in the car). No. No. Used to (before I discovered that I could baste hexies while we were traveling, I used to “entertain” myself by following along on an atlas, checking out towns with interesting sounding names, etc. … we use the GPS for directions). No.
3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
It will depend on the circumstances/setting.
4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month?
Since it’s September and fall-like weather is here, I’d have to say chili. Chili just screams “fall” to me, and it’s always on my fall menu. In fact, I’d probably make some tomorrow when the high is only going to be in the 60s, but we’re leaving Friday morning … I need to clean out the fridge not add to it. I do plan to make some when we get back, though.
5. What's something you know nothing about?
Let’s be honest, I don’t have time to list everything that I know nothing about. ha!
6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece?
No, not really. If I had to pick a piece, I’ll go with Beethoven’s Ode to Joy.
7. What's the oldest thing you own?
I have an old lighthouse that had been my grandma’s … she used it as a nightlight when my mom and aunts were growing up – the last one home had to unplug it. This little light has seen better days … it’s been broken and glued back together several times, including once while it has been in my possession (when T#1 was a toddler … he accidentally knocked it off the end table … it got put away until a year or so ago, now that the Ts have all advanced beyond the clumsy toddler stage).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I missed July’s and August’s Super Moons, but I did get a chance to see September’s. It was spectacular, but nothing like seeing it come up out of the ocean when we were in Hilton Head a couple of years ago.
As I mentioned above, we’re leaving Friday morning for “Paradise” (ok, ok … I know it’s not really Paradise, but for DH and me, it’s as close as we’ll get this side of Heaven). We’ll be gone for 2+ weeks, and I’m not planning to be online too much during that time … so if I’m scarce for the next couple of weeks or so, you’ll know why.
I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy! Have a wonderful Wednesday!