Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



It’s Wednesday already.  Even though I’m in Hilton Head, you didn’t think I’d miss the Wednesday Hodgepodge, did you?  After you’re done with my answers here, why not click on the button above and head over to Joyce’s and see what everyone else had to say.

1. Do you like chili? Red or white? Beans or no beans? Spice or no spice? Toppings?
I like chili … especially white chili, and I have a pretty good recipe, if I do say so myself … I found one on www.allrecipes.com and tweaked it a little to suit us.  Yes to the beans and to the spice (I like spicy, but since DH does not, we have “medium” spicy chili).  I like white chili with a little cheese on top, and I like red chili with a little cheese and Fritos.
 
2. Red~Orange~Gold...your favorite fall color?
It depends.  I love the vivid gold of sugar maple leaves, and I love the orange of pumpkins.  


3. Who did you idolize when you were growing up?
Stan Musial.  I was a tomboy and have always loved the St. Louis Cardinals.  And while no human on this earth is worthy of being idolized, Stan Musial, as an athlete and a man, is certainly worthy of respect and admiration.

 
4. When was the last time you did something 'arts and craftsy'? Share please.
I’m not very “artsy-craftsy” – at all.  The last thing “artsy-craftsy” thing that I can remember doing was when I sequinned up DD’s tennis shoes for her wedding.  I so wish I had thought to take a picture … but that was back before I had a digital camera, so even if I had, who knows where that picture would be.  (Yes, I need to take some time and organize my big box of photos. <sigh>)
 
5. What's a place that makes you really nervous?
In an airplane … I hate flying. 
 
6. Horse back riding...yay or nay (neigh?)
A big nay.  I tried it once, and I never got the hang of it.  When the horse bounced up, I bounced down.  Ouch! 

 
7. What is your favorite cliche?
“It is what it is”. 
 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Capture
This is the forecast for our last 5 days on Hilton Head.  Two weeks ago, one of Joyce’s questions was whether a picture was worth a thousand words.  The picture above is proof that the answer is yes.  :-(

Thankfully, the rains have held off enough each day for us to get some time out on the beach; yesterday afternoon was almost perfect … the sun broke through and we had a wonderful long walk along the beach.  And my back/chest/shoulders have the color to prove it!  ;-)

9 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you're getting at least a little sunshine! I don't know if I've already told you this but...my hubs has a baseball from a Cardinals game, autographed by Stan Musial. Pretty cool : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That forecast is really gloomy. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry it's raining on your vacation but we really need it! We're still like 9 inches behind. Have you made it up my way yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wish I was able to take your rain for you!!!

    I should have thought about planes - I get sick at the thought of flying but fortunately my current job does not require that I travel anymore - thank goodness!!

    I've been using your cliche a lot lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...I found we would have answered a few of these exactly the same....Let's see, numbers 5, 6, and 7, and oh, I have 3 BIG boxes of pics...sigh. haha Hope your day is great! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about the forecast for this week :( They do desperately need the rain, but what are the chances that it would rain the entire week of your vacation???

    Thank you for your comment, and your continued prayers for us. Waiting and wondering is so hard...

    Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you're getting some time on the beach. Glad you're having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't find the white chili. I've never heard of it but everyone is mentioning it today. Glad you had an idol. I always worry when I fly but can't get too far without it. Sorry about the weather. Sounds like my Europe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure there is a story behind the tennis shoes your daughter wore for her wedding? I bet they were cute though with the sequins on them!! Sorry about the weather; the temps look good except for that pesky rain! At least it is a nice break though and I'm sure you are enjoying the time with hubby!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)