Monday, January 28, 2013

Trip Report–Part Three


The first two full days onboard were “at-sea” days, spent lounging on the pool deck.  As much as I enjoyed the ports of call, I have to say that I enjoyed being pampered on the days at sea as much, if not more.  Winking smile

We visited St. Thomas on Day Three … we chose to make it a beach day, visiting Sapphire Beach.  The water was crystal clear ... I could see fish even from the water's edge.
I  had hoped to do some snorkeling, but without my glasses, I’m as blind as a bat.  Sad smile

Day Four found us at St. Maarten, where we elected to take a tour of the island.


Days Five and Six found us “at sea” once again.  Day Five was the best day of all, weather-wise … in the low to mid 80’s and lots of sun.  Day Six, on the other hand, was probably the “worst” day of all, weather-wise … rainy all day.  Thankfully there was a festival scheduled for the Promenade Deck. 

One of my “must-do’s” when traveling to the ocean is to get a picture of a sunrise or sunset on the water … with a cruise, I was able to do both.  Winking smile
Cruise & Orange Beach - January, 2012 001
Cruise & Orange Beach - January, 2012 012

Reluctantly we packed up Saturday evening for disembarking Sunday morning.  While we still had more traveling to do (and were looking forward to it), we just weren’t ready to leave the ship. 

Tomorrow, I’ll wrap up our Trip Report.

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sunset and sunrise and yes, they are so beautiful from a ship's perspective. Enjoying sharing in your "little taste of heaven."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful. I have never taken a cruise but now I think I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and it looks like a fun fill time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been enjoying reading about your travels. Your photographs are simply beautiful!

    I've always wanted to take a cruise--now I want to even more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning! The pictures are soo good! What a wonderful time it looked like you had. Soo relaxing and restful! Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL pictures! Gosh, it sounds like you had an awesome time!
    I hate that you didn't get to go snorkeling. Too bad you can't wear your glasses with the mask! I was a little worried that I would lose my contacts, but the mask kept them intact!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was going through all your posts catching up... what beautiful pictures. Places like that are only in my imagination :)

    You so deserved a wonderful trip. Keep those pictures near you in this cold dreary winter now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just sounds sooooo relaxing. Thank you for sharing such a happy report. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful pictures. I love the water at St. Thomas! The sunrise and sunset are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love St. Maarten and St. Thomas...the water truly is breathtaking there! Wasn't it nice to be in such a warm climate in January? I think sunsets from a cruise ship are so stunning and I can never quite get enough of them. So happy that y'all had such a memorable cruise...looking forward to how it all ends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing your adventure with all of us. We can enjoy the sunshine without the sunscreen! ;)Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you enjoyed the ship and the ports. Sometimes it is hard to decide what to do on a cruise, but it sounds like you made good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My SIL used to tell me that a cruise should be the end of your vacation because no one else will pamper you as much. She was definitely right - there is no place I have felt more pampered than on board! I'm glad you had some great weather. The photos are great! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. That really sounds like a wonderful vacation! Glad you had a good time. The scenery you show is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've really been enjoying your trip! The sunrise and sunset pictures are stunning! My dad and step-mom are on a cruise right now-for 2 weeks- to Central America. They are starting to really get into the cruise thing. They just got back in October from a European cruise. Such a hard life. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, beautiful! I'm reading your trip posts backwards because I'm so behind! I tried snorkeling once but water came in no matter how I tried to position the mask....It's still good to see all that that is above water!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed all the photos.
    I REALLY WANT TO GO ON THAT CRUISE!
    Sounds like a wonderful time and I think I would enjoy being pampered on the ship.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)