Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

 

After a break for Christmas, Joyce has provided us with another set of Hodgepodge questions … if you want to join in the fun, just click on the button above.

1.  How did you ring in the new year?

We went to DD’s to celebrate the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013.  We had appetizers for dinner and played games.  It was hard for these old folk to stay up to ring in the New Year, but we did.  Winking smile


2.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?

One thing?  I guess I would say our upcoming cruise … it’s something we haven’t done before and are really looking forward to it.  We’ll be leaving for Florida a week from tomorrow … we’ve been planning this now for almost a year, and it doesn’t seem possible that the time is almost here.


3.  Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person.  I don't think we're the same person all our lives."  What say you?

I agree.  I believe that we are being molded as we journey through this life.  Life’s circumstances can help shape us as can our relationships.  And if we are willing, God can mold us to be the person He created us to be.     

Yet you, Lord, are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand. ~ Isaiah 64:8


4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color?  Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?

I don’t dislike emerald green, but I don’t see myself incorporating it into my wardrobe and certainly not into my decorating.


5.  Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?

I’d say amethyst.  It’s my birthstone, and a birthstone of the not-so-little guy who made me a Nana. 


6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.

My free time in 2012 was primarily spent quilting, so I didn’t do a lot of reading, so I’ll choose a movie … Lincoln.  As a one-time history major, focusing on the American Civil War, I found that movie fascinating and have purchased Doris Kearns Goodwin’s Team of Rivals (the book upon which the movie is based).

7.  What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?

Do not worry … remember, God is in control.

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? ~ Matthew 6:27


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Christmas 2012 001

I can’t believe how quickly we are adding minutes of daylight. 

24 comments:

  1. Love your answer to #7, and I need to remind myself of this every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you had a great new years eve! And you have a wonderful cruise coming up - lucky ducky. And I love emeralds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you had a great new years eve! And you have a wonderful cruise coming up - lucky ducky. And I love emeralds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning! Enjoyed this as always...I can't believe either that the cruise is almost here...soo exciting! Have a GOOD day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes... love your thought. That's my 2013 goal - to not worry so much :) Perfect scripture reminder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the answer to #7. I need to remind myself of this often. And I like your News Years eve dinner of appetizers - my favorite kind of dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quote and its so true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a great cruise experience. Wishing you and yours a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy your cruise. Our first cruise this year is in February. I will celebrate my birthday on it. It is out of Tampa and will cruise the southern Caribbean. Where is your cruise going?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you stated that we are being molded during our journey of life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful time on the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ringing in the new year with family is always the best. Have a wonderful time on the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another February baby and another person going on a cruise this year! I hope you enjoy it lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love staying awake to watch the ball drop. Sounds like you had a nice evening. Your cruise sounds so exciting....enjoy each moment! I hope to see Lincoln soon. He is in control yet worry seems to come so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was up until midnight biting nails waiting for that new great grandson to be born, although I must confess I dropped off a few times and missed the actual ball drop!

    I loved the movie Parental Guidance! It was light, fun and made us laugh out loud! And since it was one of two we saw in the theater this year, that's a good thing!

    Have so much fun on your cruise. Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooo....have a wonderful time on your cruise! We haven't ever gone on one, either, but Tim thinks he'd like to. I'm not so sure. Will be looking forward to hearing all about yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad we are adding sunlight; now I can "sneak" in Koda's walk right when I get off work and it is still relatively light :)

    How fun with the cruise! I bet it will be a great one!

    I like your reminder that God is in control :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always enjoy your answers. These are really nice questions this week. You will have to tell me how that book is after you read it.
    It is so nice when the days get longer.
    I hope you are enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. At times like these, knowing God is in control is a great comfort. Enjoyed seeing your quilts in previous post...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy your cruise! I've never taken a cruise, but am feeling the need for something tropical right about now. Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kathy, You must be getting so excited about the cruise; I know I am and mine isn't until July. I will be praying that you have wonderful weather, calm seas and great fun!
    You asked about the book I posted on today; I just checked and it is available on Kindle. Do want to share that it is pretty sad at what happens to children of divorce, but Bobbi is a sister and so we need to encourage her. She is a dear sweet woman whom I'm so thankful to know. Email me with any questions.
    Hugs today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want to see "Lincoln". I'm glad to know you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a wonderful time on your cruise! I am right there with you on your random thought. It seems like the days are already 15 minutes longer or so....and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)