After a break for Christmas, Joyce has provided us with another set of Hodgepodge questions … if you want to join in the fun, just click on the button above.
1. How did you ring in the new year?
We went to DD’s to celebrate the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013. We had appetizers for dinner and played games. It was hard for these old folk to stay up to ring in the New Year, but we did.
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
One thing? I guess I would say our upcoming cruise … it’s something we haven’t done before and are really looking forward to it. We’ll be leaving for Florida a week from tomorrow … we’ve been planning this now for almost a year, and it doesn’t seem possible that the time is almost here.
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?
I agree. I believe that we are being molded as we journey through this life. Life’s circumstances can help shape us as can our relationships. And if we are willing, God can mold us to be the person He created us to be.
Yet you, Lord, are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand. ~ Isaiah 64:8
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
I don’t dislike emerald green, but I don’t see myself incorporating it into my wardrobe and certainly not into my decorating.
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
I’d say amethyst. It’s my birthstone, and a birthstone of the not-so-little guy who made me a Nana.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
My free time in 2012 was primarily spent quilting, so I didn’t do a lot of reading, so I’ll choose a movie … Lincoln. As a one-time history major, focusing on the American Civil War, I found that movie fascinating and have purchased Doris Kearns Goodwin’s Team of Rivals (the book upon which the movie is based).
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
Do not worry … remember, God is in control.
Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? ~ Matthew 6:27
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I can’t believe how quickly we are adding minutes of daylight.