Monday, April 22, 2013

A Weekend Wrap-Up




I debated whether to give a Wrap-Up … not because I didn’t want to, but because there just wasn’t much to report.  But it just isn’t right for me to fail to post a Wrap-Up on Monday … so here it is.

Friday, I spent most of the morning and all afternoon at DD’s.  T#1 had an eye exam, so I got to watch the other 3.  Red heart  Saturday was a day spent in the sewing room.  I started sewing patches together to make the four patch quilt I’m making for T#4.  I have over 200 two patches sewn together (the two patches = 1/2 the four patch block) … when I have enough two patches sewn together, then I will sew two of them together to make a four patch block … I’m about 2/3 of the way to enough.  Sunday we had all 4 Ts here for the afternoon.  Red heart

This morning I decided, on a whim, to get started on cleaning the windows and blinds.  I did the 3 windows in the kitchen/dining/living room.  I couldn’t believe how dirty those blinds were … I feel so much better now that they’re done.

And if that wasn’t enough work for one day, we went to our community garden plot and got the ground ready for planting … and put in some of our onion sets.photo (21)We’ll wait 7-10 days before we plant our green beans, corn and zucchini … and another week after that before we plant our tomatoes.  A little bit of work now will pay off in a few weeks with fresh homegrown veggies!  YUM!

12 comments:

  1. I'm excited that you've officially begun your new garden! You just can't beat garden fresh veggies, especially when you've grown them yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, Sounds like a perfect weekend. We are getting hammered by another snowstorm so I'm enjoying the afternoon inside. Guess I could be sewing but I'm conquering laundry, for the trip and enjoying some down time.
    It's exciting to hear you are planting vege's already-ours will wait til the end of May. Hope you have a wonderful afternoon!
    Love, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to look into a community garden, that would be fun. Hope you have an awesome garden! I need to start the window and blinds too. Just a few a day and eventually they will be done. I admire your hard work. I sit here and do nothing :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good week-end to me...lots of grandkid time is always good. I'd love to see the quilt in progress...I am feeling a little obsessed with sewing and fabric right now, haha. I make our cleaning ladies dust down my blinds every time they are here (twice a month) as my windows are open sooo often they just get way too dusty otherwise. But those windows and screens! Goodness what a job that was this week-end! It's a nice feel to have them done though isn't it? I envy you with the fresh veggies. I will go to farmers market and probably have to pay a pretty penny for mine! Hope your resting now after your busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy - I have to do my windows and blinds. I keep putting it off. One day....one day....soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our weather has been so fickle that I haven't planted anything except some onions...my tomatoes are sitting in my window still. Our nights have been in the forties...hopefully end of week will be better. You sound like you were pretty productive

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one more quilting woman! I can't wait to see the new quilt. I have the Princess until Wed. as her sitter is sick, so we're making memories. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it gets kinda mind-boggling when you start adding up all the pieces of a quilt.
    Gardening? Sigh. Believe it or not we got ANOTHER 6" of snow today. AWFUL! I told hubby I didn't want to plant a garden if the city doesn't lift the watering ban that was put into place late last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great weekend to me! Love the garden pics.... I need to go out and pick peas tomorrow and check on beans and see how things are growing. I've worked the last 3 days and have not been in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time to plant... YUM!!!! now if only I could TASTE some of that yumminess :)

    I'm excited for local farmers around me to get stuff going ... I'm too lazy to tend to gardens so I'll be more then happy to pay the local peeps who do the hard work!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)