Wednesday, April 24, 2013
It’s Hump Day, and that means it’s time for some Hodgepodge! Why don’t you play along? Just click on the button above to link up.
1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?
Rain … we’ve had ~7.5 inches of rain so far, with more in the forecast. We’ve got rivers threatening to overflow their banks already … hard to tell what will happen if we get much more rain.
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?
Yes and yes. I believe that a certain level of compassion is innate … some people (like my daughter) are just naturally compassionate while others have to learn to be compassionate. As a mother, teaching my daughter to be compassionate was not something that I felt that I had to teach … if anything, she has taught me to be more compassionate.
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
I prefer romantic drama over romantic comedy … slightly. I have pretty eclectic tastes when it comes to movies … well, except for horror films and most sci-fi films.
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree?
Oh, I definitely agree. But then you all know that I’m a big Cardinals fan. And I’m really more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal, so an evening at the Ritz is not something that’s high up on my bucket list.
5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
Our village needs a grocery store. There are 8,000+ residents and not a single grocery store. Granted, the nearby large towns (small cities?) have several grocery stores to choose from and granted, it’s only about 6 miles to either one of those two towns. But it would be nice to be able to pick up a gallon of milk or a needed ingredient for dinner without having to drive 20-30 minutes (round-trip).
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
Boy, I’m drawing a blank here.
7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe there's life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it?
Scripture tells us that God creates the heavens and the earth … plural on heavens and singular on earth. I’m thinking that there’s a reason why, so I’d have to say “no” … to both questions.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are now 15 days away from leaving for 2 weeks in Florida.