1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income tax returns. What's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'?
Cleaning the bathroom. ‘Nuff said.
2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge, and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on Day O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?
Oysters! Here are some I had when we visited the Alabama Gulf Coast in January (obviously I had a few before I thought to take a picture ).
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
There are so many things that I was able to do as a child that my daughter and my grands are/will not be able to do … in particular, I remember being able to walk across town to the library – on my own.
4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?
Term limits should be unnecessary. If an elected official has become complacent or no longer puts his/her constituents’ needs before his/her own or any special interests, he/she should be voted right out of office. We voters should do our jobs, not rely on some piece of legislation.
5. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'...when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
I’m rarely, if ever, up at midnight – and in the car at midnight? Almost never. I cannot think of the last time we would have been on the road at midnight.
6. What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
BOTH would freak me out, but the mouse running across the floor would freak me out more. I could always put my shoes on and stomp that spider … but that mouse? How did he get in the house? Are there more? What if he finds a hiding spot, waiting to come out when we least expect him? What if he gets into our pantry? Ewwwwwwww!
7. I love it when people ask me________________________?
About my grands. What grandma doesn’t enjoy the opportunity to brag on her grandkids?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
T#2’s quilt is done! I bound it Monday evening and ran it through the washer and dryer yesterday afternoon. Yesterday was a cloudy and windy day … not a very good day for picture taking. T#2 will be here tomorrow and will be taking the quilt home with her, so I had to settle for less-than-stellar photographs.As always, you can click on the photo to get a better view.
Now that I have T#2’s quilt done, it’s time to start on T#4’s quilt. The differences in fabrics reflect the differences in their personalities. I think I have enough “piano keys” for the pieced border but I need to cut more squares.