It feels like it's been forever since I've been able to participate in the Hodgepodge. The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy ... now that the fall/winter swim season has come to a close and I have only two more weeks on my early morning "gig", hopefully things will slow down a little.
1. Thursday marks the first day of spring...to celebrate would you rather plant a garden or go for a walk in the woods? Would either of those activities be possible on Thursday where you live?
Way, way too early to plant a garden here, although I'd really like to be able to get out and work in our garden. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 64, so maybe I’ll walk on the bike trail … it runs through some wooded areas … close enough?
Speaking of our garden, DH has been doing a little preliminary work out in our garden, working to get things ready for when it finally warms up enough to start planting.
2. When did someone last spring something on you? (or when did you last spring something on someone?)
DD often springs stuff on me … an offer to go with to the zoo, an offer to go to lunch, an offer to stay a little later for some game time, etc. I have to say that she doesn't have to twist my arm very hard. ha!
3. We often think of spring as a time for new beginnings. What's something you'd like to start doing this spring?
I’d like to start walking every morning this spring … with the weather improving (I hope) and with my early morning “gig” drawing to a close, I should be able to resume my early morning walks with my neighbor Lois.
4. Where do you like to sit in a movie theatre? When did you last sit there, and what were you watching?
I prefer to sit up a little higher so I can have a straight-on view of the screen. I’m trying to think when the last time I went to the movie-ator (as my youngest grandson used to call it) … I think it must have been the time when DD and T#2 invited me to join them to see Brave … unless it was when DH and I went to see Lincoln. As you can see, we aren’t much into going to the movies … we prefer to watch them at home, so we can turn on the closed captioning so DH can better enjoy the movie. Plus, the popcorn and soda are waaaaay cheaper at home ... and we can skip through the "coming attractions".
5. When you meet someone for the very first time, what do you want them to think about you?
I hope that they think that I’m friendly and fun to be with.
6. March is frozen food month (yes, really!). Besides ice cream (gotta make you think a little) what's your most often purchased frozen food item?
I’d have to say that we purchase a lot of frozen chicken breasts … it’s awfully convenient to just pull out a few breasts … they don’t take too long to thaw. Although with my early morning “gig”, I've gotten into the habit of choosing a frozen breakfast sandwich … for a quick and easy breakfast. We don't buy much frozen ice cream ... we're about a half mile from a local frozen custard stand, so we usually make a Bobby's run when we get a hankering for ice cream.
7. What's something you avoid?
I’ve been avoiding housework lately. By the time I get home from DD’s in the morning, choosing how to spend my afternoon is a no-brainer … stitching always wins out over housework.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I went on a short walkabout around the yard this afternoon … it looks like Spring is on its way to southwestern Illinois! Although I have to admit that I’m not all that excited about that first sign (the dandelion) … the budding hostas are much more to my liking!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!