Wednesday, March 26, 2014
It’s impossible to believe that it’s Wednesday already … and not only that, the 26th of the month. Where did March go? But I can’t say that I’m terribly sorry to say goodbye to March next week … I’m hoping that April will bring in spring temperatures, green grass, flowers.
1. March is known as the windy month. Which of the following phrases best fits your March so far...'throw caution to the wind', 'three sheets to the wind', 'run like the wind', or 'see which way the wind blows'?
I’m not sure that any of those really apply … but the closest is “run like the wind” … it feels like the month of March has “run like the wind” .
2. Your favorite green food? Your favorite dish made with your favorite green food?
My favorite green food would probably be spinach. I love good creamed spinach, and I like a good salad … most of our dinners include a simple salad with some baby spinach, leaf lettuce, sautéed prosciutto, grated parmesan and a little dressing.
3. Ever been locked out of your home-car-office-anywhere? Do tell!
I don’t remember ever being locked out of my home/car/office or anywhere else. I remember having a terrible time getting DD’s garage door key pad to accept the (correct) numbers I punched in when they were out of town last October. As far as I can recall, that’s the closest I’ve come.
4. Yoda, Kermit, Shrek, The Wicked Witch of the West, Oscar the Grouch, The Grinch, or Mike Wasowski (Monsters Inc.)...of the green characters listed, which one's your favorite and why?
Mike Wasowski (or Mike Gagowski as T#4 calls him) of course! With 4 grands, we watch a lot of Pixar movies … so gotta go with Mike.T#2 doing her Mike Wasowski (“One Eyeball”) imitation on our trip to Disney in 2008 (she was 4).
5. "The first task of a leader is to keep hope alive."~Joe Batten Do you agree? Why or why not?
I agree that a very important responsibility of a leader is to keep hope alive in those he/she is leading. Without hope, his/her team will give up and all is lost. “When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time." ~Author Unknown
6. Share a favorite song with an emotion in its title.
The first song that came to mind is “96 Tears” by Question Mark and the Mysterians (they don’t name bands like they used to - ha!). Technically it’s not an emotion. But I’m having a hard time of coming up with something more suitable. So I’m going to go with that … if for no other reason than to give a little bloggy love to Question Mark and the Mysterians. Ha!
7. What's a road trip you'd like to take?
I’ll give you three guesses what I’m going to say … and the first two don’t count.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I finished up Block #18 and am almost done with Block #19 of my Martha Washington’s Flower Garden … I would have finished #19, but in the middle of stitching Monday afternoon, I had to make an “emergency” visit to the eye doctor to help DH select his new frames. He had his eye exam last week … his prescription has changed, so he intended to get new frames, too … but he was going to wait until next week when I was back to my “normal” schedule. But while he was checking out at the grocery store, his glasses broke … right in the middle of the bridge. So I had to meet him at the eye doctor to help him choose his new frames.
T#2 put on a “carnival” at DD’s yesterday morning after they finished up school. There were all kinds of games to play, with prizes, big prizes and mega prizes to be won. She did a great job of creating carnival games … we had a good time.
That’s actually two random thoughts … but they ARE random!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!