The week isn’t complete without Wednesday … and Wednesday isn’t complete without the Hodgepodge! Thanks, Joyce, for continuing to host this fun meme. If you’d like to join in the fun, just click on the link below.
1. What is the most useful book in your house?
The Bible. Followed by my recipe binder (does that count as a book?).
2. What's worse-being too hot or too cold?
I’m probably the only one who’s answering with too cold. I’m “cold-natured” to begin with … I’m still waiting to be able to wear my nice summer clothes … it’s too cold in my office and too cold at church. So I’m still wearing long pants, sweaters, etc. when I go anywhere indoors. On top of that, I have Raynaud’s Phenomenon, so even cool weather can trigger a painful “attack”. So while being too hot is definitely uncomfortable, I’d still rather be too hot than too cold.
3. Share something that made you smile this past weekend.
I’m unable to recall a specific time (I can scarcely remember what happened 5 minutes ago, let this past weekend), but since I saw the Ts on Sunday, I know that there was some serious smiling going on.
4. How do you like your hamburgers? Or don't you?
I do like hamburgers, but since I prefer mine on the medium rare side and restaurants insist on cooking them well past that point, I rarely have hamburgers any more. If we cook burgers at home, I like them well-seasoned and unadorned so I can taste the meat.
5. What's your summer beach read? If it's not summer in your part of the world then tell us what book you're reading in front of the fire while sipping hot cocoa.
Since I won’t be hitting the beach until September, I’m not sure what I’ll be reading at the point. I just finished a couple of Low Country novels by Dorothea Benton Frank and am getting ready to start Water for Elephants.
6. How was your birthday celebrated when you were a kid?
Very simply. We’d have a birthday cake and presents, but that was about it.
7. What's something that is totally uncool that you love anyway?
Hmmmm … I’m the epitome of “uncool”, but at this moment, I’m unable to think of anything.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve got busy days ahead … my sister is bringing her grandson down for a visit. We’ll be going to the zoo on Friday, with DD & the Ts. Saturday is liable to be the “quietest” day … my dad will come spend the day with all of us. Sunday we’re going to the baseball game … the kids will get to run the bases down on the field after the game. Whew! I’m exhausted just thinking about it! ha!