Once again it’s Wednesday and time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. And thankfully so because the blog fodder well, she’s gone dry. ;-) After you’re done reading, if you want to join in the fun or just see what others had to say, just click on the button above.
1. July 20th marks the anniversary of the first time man stood on the moon. Flash forward 42 years to July 8, 2011 which marked the start of the final Space Shuttle mission. Should we continue to explore space? Should nations devote more or fewer of their resources to exploring space? Would you want to go into space if the opportunity arose?
To be honest I just am not sure if continuing space exploration given the budgetary constraints our country’s facing right now makes good fiscal sense. And no, I don’t think I would want to go into space … I don’t like flying here on earth, so I can’t imagine that I’d enjoy/appreciate flying into outer space.
2. What are three things in your freezer?
Chicken breasts, Sister Schubert rolls, and fudgesicles (for the Ts).
3. If you could see any band/artist perform live tonite who would it be? It has to be someone living...no Beatles, Elvis, etc.
Chris Tomlin. It’s like a huge worship session.
4. Ice-cubed or crushed? Or are you one of those people who don't like ice?
I prefer cubes … #1 they won’t melt quite as quickly so my drink doesn’t get as diluted as it might with crushed ice. #2 I hate having to try to filter the crushed ice out when taking a drink with crushed ice.
5. The owner of a small restaurant outside of Pittsburgh recently announced he was banning children under six, saying they regularly disrupted other customer's meals. You can read the story in more detail here but isn't this a perfect topic to discuss in our Wednesday Hodgepodge? Have at it friends...what are your thoughts?
It is disrupting when you’re dining out and the parents at the table next to you won’t/can’t keep their children well-behaved.
6. What was your first car? How did it come to be yours?
When I turned 16, my dad bought a 1963 Chevy Nova for me (and my sister who turned 16 the next year). The first car I owned/bought myself was a brand new 1972 Oldsmobile (I forget the model). I thought it was official: I was an adult because I bought a new car.
7. If I had a nickel for every time I _________________ I'd be rich.
had to wipe the kitchen counter. DH is a sweetie and has been doing a good bit of the cooking on the days I’ve worked, but he has a blind eye towards mess in the kitchen. And I have to admit that I am a bit OCD about a clean kitchen counter. ;-)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It’s been hot here, folks. Above 90 most every day since July 1. And there doesn’t appear to be any relief in the near future.
An Excessive Heat Warning remains in effect for most of the area until Saturday evening...
Today and Thursday: Mostly sunny...excessive heat with highs from 97-103 each afternoon. Heat indices from 106-118 during the afternoon and evening.
Tonight and Thursday Night: Mostly clear and quite warm. Lows in the low to mid 80s.
Friday: Partly cloudy...excessive heat with highs near 100. each afternoon. Heat indices from 105-115 during the afternoon and evening.
And it’s not just here in south-central Illinois … it’s hot everywhere! I hope y’all are staying cool. Pray for those who have to work outside in this heat.