Susanne hosts the opportunity for us to share 5 of our favorite things from the past week.
It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.I like the idea of slowing down long enough to look back and reflect on the last several days and remembering some special blessings. If you do too, head on over to http://susannesspace.blogspot.com/ and join in.
1. Finding a new recipe. I’ve been trying to make healthier eating choices lately, and part of that has been a desire to add more fish to our menu. I found a good recipe for Lemon Garlic Tilapia … DH declared it to be a winner. I mentioned it yesterday, and some of you asked for the recipe so here it is:
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse tilapia fillets under cool water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place fillets in baking dish. Pour lemon juice over fillets, then drizzle butter on top. Sprinkle with garlic, parsley, and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven until the fish is white and flakes when pulled apart with a fork, about 30 minutes.
2. Homegrown corn on the cob. Nothing says summer to me like fresh, homegrown corn on the cob. And the local sweet corn is in. Yummy!
3. Being able to open the windows. Ok, it was only a couple of days, but oh it felt so wonderful to feel the fresh air. We’re back to summer for the weekend … temperatures into the upper 90’s and heat indices of 105 or more.
4. A day spent with DD and the Ts. We didn’t do anything special, but those days are just as much a blessing to me.
5. Being able to get a little more quilting done. Hand quilting is a slow process, and factor in plenty of busyness with everyday life, it’s even slower. So it’s always a blessing when I can find a few hours to sit and quilt.