It’s the only one so far … there are plenty of blossoms still but no signs of other zucchini.
We finally heard back from our final contractor for our deck replacement project. And we’re going to go with the first contractor (the one that I was hoping that we’d go with). He’s coming over Monday afternoon to touch base … to make sure we’re all on the same page as far as the design, etc. I’m excited.
I spent yesterday afternoon in the sewing room … I mentioned that I intended to make 80 storm at sea blocks – unless I ran out of fabric. I think I can say that I did, in fact, miscalculate how much fabric I need. I used an app on my iPhone that calculated yardage requirements … I entered the size and number of blocks and it told me how much fabric I needed. Unfortunately this app assumed a three-color storm at sea and assumed standard piecing. I thought I adequately compensated for using two colors instead of three, but it appears that I underestimated the waste with paper piecing (I tried to be as frugal as I could, but it’s impossible to avoid some waste). Thankfully I still have the selvages and I just bought this fabric a couple of weeks ago, so there should still be some in stock. And now that I know how many blocks I can get from 1 yard of fabric, I can make a better determination on how much more yardage I need.
I’ll likely spend much of today in the sewing room as well. First of all, it’s just too stinkin’ hot to do much else, and secondly, I just quilting … I believe I could almost spend every waking moment quilting. Hand quilting is my favorite part, but I certainly enjoy seeing a pile of fabrics transformed into a quilt top.
Lest you all think I do nothing other than quilt, I have done some reading. I just finished Intentional Walk … it was an interesting read.
I’ve now started The Quilt.
I’m having a hard time getting into the story, but it was highly recommended (on someone’s blog – forget who now), so I’m going to trust that it will get better.
Have a fabulous Friday!