It’s Wednesday … and that can only mean that it’s time for some Hodgepodge! Our gracious hostess Joyce comes up with 7 interesting questions … we provide our answers. It’s a fun way of learning a little more about each other … so why not join in! Just click on the button above.
1. July 24th is Amelia Earhart Day. Earhart was the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. What's something you've recently accomplished solo?
Hmmmm … I’m drawing a blank on this one. I’m sure I’ll read something someone else wrote and think to myself “I should have written that!”.
2. What's one product you use that never ever fails?
I love Invisible Glass glass cleaner. It’s the only glass cleaner that I’ve found that never ever streaks.
3. Have you found your place in the world? Where is it?
Yes … Hilton Head Island. I can literally feel any burdens or stress lifting when we cross the bridge to the island. I know that DH and I had planned to move there when we retired, but when retirement arrived, there was no way that I could leave behind my DD and Ts.
4. Worst movie you ever saw?
I wish I could remember the name. I remember getting together with friends for dinner and a movie … DH rented a movie with an all-star cast that we all were excited to watch. What a disappointment … we were all in agreement that it was The. Worst. Movie. Ever.
5. What's the last fun thing you did?
We had the grands here on Monday. And in spite of our sleep-deprived states, we had a wonderful time!
6. The month of July is named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar...ever been to Rome? What's your favorite Italian dish?
I’ve never been to Rome or to Italy. While I would love to visit Europe (and Italy), I don’t expect that we’ll ever make that trip. When it comes time to plan a trip, the beach (particularly Hilton Head – see #3) always wins out.
7. What is one piece of advice you'd offer new mom Kate Middleton?
The same advice that I’d give any new mom: Don’t rush time … savor every moment of your time with your baby. He won’t be a baby for long, and you’ll never get this time back. So don’t wish for that next stage (sleeping through the night, that first smile, that first step, etc.) … live and love in the now.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
DH picked our first zucchini yesterday … maybe a day or two sooner than I would have. We prefer our zucchini small and tender … but not quite this small (4 1/2” long).
And we have tomatoes that are ripening! BLTs coming up!!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!