1. What's your favorite time of day? Why?
Early morning ... when it's nice and quiet and the day is new and full of promise. Ten years ago, my answer would have been so different! Back when I was working, I was sure I was a night owl ... looking back, I think it was out of necessity. By the time I got home and accomplished all that needed to be done around the house, I had to stay up late if I wanted to have any relaxing or "me" time.
2. Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender...which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house?
I'll say blender because we don't have one. We did have one, but we gave it to DD when she wanted/needed one ... we weren't using it, so she might as well use it.
3. It's National Grouch Day (October 15)...what's something that makes you feel grouchy?
Hmmmmm ... how about when my Cardinals blow a 4-run comeback in the bottom of the 10th. Seriously, lack of sleep definitely makes me grouchy ... and unfortunately at this stage of life, lack of sleep is a common occurrence. :-(
4. Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you'd like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are-Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see?
I've never been to Canada, but I'd love to go! On my bucket list is a cruise to Alaska followed by a glass-domed train ride through the Canadian Rockies back to the U.S. I've priced such a trip, and alas, I think it'll be a permanent fixture on my bucket list.
5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?
I'm trying to remember ... #1 my childhood was a loooong time ago and #2 I've always loved food, just about any food (and have the lifelong battle with my weight to prove it).
6. Do you cry easily?
I'd say probably no not really, although certain things will get me every time. Like stories of mamas losing their babies (I've watched Steel Magnolias more times than I can count ... and I cry every. single. time.).
7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?
I haven't started, although I've begun to think a little about Christmas gift giving. Every year, I buy Christmas ornaments for DD and the Ts, but this year I'm going to make my ornaments. I'm making them hexie wreaths. Here's my inspiration (I'm a member of a hexie group on Facebook ... another member shared a picture of her ornament and graciously allowed me to save it for inspiration).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The last several days have been busy ones here at Chez Nana. Last Thursday, I spent the day at DD's. We spent Friday at my dad's. The two older Ts had another USA Swim-sanctioned meet on Saturday and Sunday. And Monday all four Ts were here for the day. Fun but busy. The next few days look to be quiet and relaxing, with plenty of time to spend with needle and thread. All or nothing is the way my life seems to be these days. ;-)
I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy! Have a great day!