Thursday, October 9, 2014

Throwback and This n That Thursday

 

I know I’m a day late and a dollar short on the TBT bandwagon.  But better late than never, right?

Grandpa K and me

I’m sitting on my paternal Grandpa’s lap here … at our house.  I’m guessing I must have been about 18-24 months here … which would mean that the picture was taken in c1952 (my mom noted who was in the picture, but not when it was taken).

 

Attachment-1

 

The Blues’ season opener is tonight, so that will help fill my baseball void … the Cardinals don’t play until Saturday evening.  I got almost caught up on this season’s NCIS episodes while quilting yesterday afternoon.

 

Attachment-1

 

Our trip to the apple orchard yesterday was postponed … with late swim practices and out of town company last week, the Ts were running on fumes … so when they were still sleeping when it was time to get up to get ready to head out, Mama didn’t have the heart to wake them up.  It’s all good as we’re going to get together today … no apple farm (raining today), but just some fun time together.  Red heart

 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy! Have a great day!
Kathy

12 comments:

  1. I have gotten caught up on NCIS - and I do believe my grandparents had wallpaper very much like that when I was a baby too - must have been the in thing to decorate with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet picture. You just inspired me to get some of my old pictures out and scan them into the computer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old pictures... lots of memories in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture with your grandpa. That is so sweet.
    It sounds like a nice rainy day.
    I hope you get to do whatever you want to do today. I hope you get to go to the apple farm soon.
    Have a lovley day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious photo Kathy! Love hearing about your day; we have rain today too, so as soon as I get caught up in blogland, I'm going to stitch.
    Hope you stay warm.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture. Hope you had a great day, whatever you chose to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great picture - you were a cute little thing! And you still are :*)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love old pictures--and throwback Thursdays!
    Glad the T's got some much-needed rest. The orchard can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're still watching NCIS at our house and still loving it. Have you tried the new NCIS New Orleans with Scott Bakula? We really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a sweet picture of you with your grandfather...quite a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is so cute! Sorry you didn't get to go to the orchards. We were able to go on Friday. Hope you can go soon!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)