1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little?
A combination of both, if I include DH. He works with our financial planner … those kinds of conversations stress me out. I’m also not a risk taker, so if the choice were mine alone, I’d probably sock the money away and earn a measly 1% and run out of money in 10 years. ha! I exaggerate, but that’s why DH works with the financial planner. Not that I am left out of the loop, but I trust DH so I leave the nitty gritty details to him and our planner.
2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve Week. Off the top of your head, share TWO of your current pet peeves.
Two of my ongoing (not just current) pet peeves are people who chew with their mouths open and drivers who pull out in front of me and then go 10-15 mph under the speed limit.
3. What is one thing you'd like to learn right now, this very week if you could?
Everything that I can think of is quilting related (imagine that). I think I’d most like to learn the invisible machine applique technique.
4. How concerned are you about the recent health related news concerning Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68?
I’m concerned … especially in light of the recent admission that Canadian researchers have reported that the strain of Ebola affecting West Africa can be transmitted between humans by breathing, which opens up the possibility that Ebola may be an airborne pathogen.
5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger-your favorite orange cartoon character?
The wonderful thing about Tiggers Is Tiggers are wonderful things Their tops are made out of rubber Their bottoms are made out of springs
6. I'm going to see Gone Girl with my neighborhood book club this week. So often books made into film are disappointing. What's a book turned film you thought was well done, in that the casting was 'like you pictured' when you read the book, and the film plot remained mostly true to the book plot?
I’m drawing a blank on this one as far as casting, but I did think that Gone With the Wind remained about as true to the book as any I’ve seen.
7. What is one story your family always tells about you?
I’m always teased about the time I responded to our neighbor knocking on our door to tell us that our chimney was on fire … I thanked him and returned to watch the movie with everyone … thankfully DH and DD sprang into action when I shared what our neighbor wanted. To this day, I’m not sure why it didn’t sink in.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve got several random thoughts today.
I’m continuing to make good progress on T#1’s spiral log cabin quilt.
I got up in time to see the full lunar eclipse … I even got out my “good” camera to try to get a photo, but none of the shots were worth sharing. But at least I got to see the eclipse.
DH and I are joining DD and the Ts at the apple orchard for some apple picking and fun. I wonder if we’ll have time for this:
Truly appropriate today because my Cardinals defeated the Dodgers and will be facing the Giants in the NLCS, starting Saturday.
I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy! Have a great day!