Friday, February 27, 2015

Finally – Friday!

 

That means it’s the weekend – and what a weekend it’s going to be. 

 

We’ll be leaving this afternoon to head to the YMCA Regional Championships.  Swimmers who advance beyond Regionals (by swimming qualifying times) will compete in the Area Championships in 2 weeks … swimmers who advance beyond Area will compete in National Championships.  All 3 Ts have qualified for Area competitions, and T#2 and T#3 both have some more events that they are close to making Area time (T#1 made area time on all his events by the 2nd meet of the season).  Have I said how much I love watching them compete?  Winking smile

 

 

We had snow yesterday morning … maybe a quarter inch at most … but it was certainly gorgeous as it was falling – nice big flakes, very Currier & Ives-esque.  I would have liked to have taken a picture to share, but I was in my car heading to my Dad’s … somehow he lost his email account on his iPhone.  Since I was going to be out of town all weekend, I chose to go out yesterday morning to restore his email account.  Because of his declining health, he doesn’t get out as often as he used (especially in the winter), he relies on our emails for “company”, and we rely on his emails to make sure he’s doing ok. 

 

 

I got home in time to get in a few hours of quilting on T#3’s quilt … I am almost done with the 2nd of the 4 outer rows of blocks.  Over the next month, there will be plenty of times when Life will intervene to keep me away from his quilt, but I’m still hopeful that I’ll be able to get this done by the end of March like I’d hoped when I started quilting.

 

 

I’ve been watching for the mail man this week, and on Wednesday he delivered a couple of packages, containing:

IMG_1266

I won a giveaway over on Rachel’s blog Quilt or Dare … fabric, some quilt labels, and some cute buttons … there was a lot of loot in the package she sent me!

 

and:

IMG_1268

Katy over at Katy Quilts was piecing together these fabulous album blocks (if you click on the photo, you can see them better), but in early January, she was growing disenchanted with them.  I kiddingly offered to take them off her hands … and she took me up on my “offer”.  I had thought that with so many other quilts already started, I might not get to these blocks for several months - or more, but after seeing them in real life, I love them even more and might have to move them up higher on my to-do list. 

 

 

I’m looking forward to the mail man making another delivery next week, as I ordered some fat quarters yesterday morning … Sew Sisters Quilt Shop is having a fat quarter bonanza through the end of this month … the bundles are priced at $2.00/fat quarter, so I bought two bundles – one of repro blues and one of repro browns. 

 

 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

14 comments:

  1. it is hard to pass up fq's at $2 or less isn't it now that fabric has gone up Good luck to the T's and the swimming - are they all in swimming competition? so nice that your dad will e mail I always had to call my mom she wouldn't learn the computer or smart phones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing your grands lots of luck in the swim meet. Soo exciting. And you got quite the load there in your win...how fun.. I haven't won anything in quite a while...though I haven't entered anything recently either, lol. What a bonanza on those blocks. I will look forward to see what you do with them. I am off to check out those 2 dollar fat quarters. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun to get treasures in the mail - woo hoo! Have a wonderful weekend! I'll think of you while I am at one of the coldest (not kidding!) hockey rinks in WI watching my grandson play in a tournament. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blues and browns will make a beautiful quilt. Love that color combo. Such pretty album blocks... you can do some awesome hand quilting on those. Good luck to the T's at the swim meet this weekend. I'm actually off Saturday - cookie sale booth while greg does the pinewood derby with Aidan at scouts. I work a bit Sun,Mon and Tues this coming week. Must prep some hand work in case it is slow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you are in for some busy days ahead. I suppose the quilt is too large to take along for stitching in the car or at the meets???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely weekend Kathy. It sounds like you will be really busy.
    It is always so fun when you get goodies in the mail.
    Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got such big snowflakes, they'd hit in your face & it would totally startle you... luckily, nothing stuck.
    Good luck to the T's at the competition!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, You've got a busy weekend ahead of you-hope your T's cinch the meet across the board. Such dedication to be on swim teams-my girls never did because they would have to get up before dawn to practice. Love the goodies you've received. I'm still working on my quilting, but typical of me, as I go along I decide to add more stitching in different areas. Hubby keeps telling me not to overdo it, but I don't think he realizes that once I'm finished I need to get another quilt going-lol. You'd think he'd encourage me to keep adding more. Today is sunny(yes), but more snow tomorrow through next week. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and get your dads email fixed.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big congrats on your wins, Kathy! Way to go! Sounds like you're going to have yet another busy weekend. Hope you can find a little time for some R & R!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a talented bunch of swimmers you have :) Have fun enjoying the swim meet!
    I love all of your goodies--sort of like Christmas in February! Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you are going to be real busy this weekend. Enjoy your time and watching your little swimmers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the T's did well at the meet. Your right, those album blocks are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So hope that your T's did very well in their meet and know it was fun regardless. And, all your loot, what fun! Always fun to go to the mailbox and have a pkg. Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)