Monday, March 2, 2015

The Weekend Wrap-Up




Another out-of-town swim meet, another weekend on the pool deck.  Another weekend spent with my favorite people.  <insert happy sigh>

Friday morning I watched T#1, #2 and #3 while Mama took #4 to see Disney on Ice – Frozen.  The plan was that I’d be relieved of my duties when they got home, go home, pack and hit the road.  But you know what they say about best laid plans?  Winking smile  It took Mama well over an hour just to get out of the parking lot … she never did figure out what the problem was.  Between Frozen and the long wait to get back home, it must have been just a little too much for T#4 who crashed on the way to the hotel.
IMG_1276
We grabbed dinner after checking in and settled in for a restful night in anticipation of Regionals the next morning.
IMG_1277
Because warm ups started at 6:25AM and the town where the meet was held doesn’t have any hotels/motels, we had to stay in a nearby town – about 20 minutes away, which meant it really was a very early morning for everyone.

One of the first things I noticed when I entered the Y was the orange tree.  Who knew that orange trees would grow indoors, here in Illinois? 
IMG_3070

I have to be honest and admit that my enjoyment was tempered a little by concern over the weather forecast … 5-7” of snow where we were staying, 6-8” of snow back home.  That 20-minute drive to/from the Y was over 2-lane highways.  By the time the meet was over, enough snow had fallen to make driving a little treacherous … I could only imagine what it would be like in the morning. 

Most of the snow had fallen by the time we got up Sunday morning … at least 8” of snow had fallen and it was still snowing very lightly.  The hotel parking lot was a mess, and the street crews had been out but the streets and highways weren’t a whole lot better. 

The Ts swam well, as did their team – they finished 2nd!
2nd place

Thankfully the roads were perfectly clear for our trip home … and we were surprised by pulling onto a clean driveway.  Surprised smile  When I asked on our neighborhood Facebook page who’d cleaned our driveway, one of our neighbors reported that he’d seen a young man, in his 20s with a truck, clearing the driveway.  We can’t think of anyone fitting that description … and other than our neighbors next door, I’m not sure that anyone even knew that we were out of town over the weekend.  It’s a mystery.

Sunrise this morning was especially beautiful.
IMG_1274-001
Today will be a quiet day here at Chez Nana … I’ve got a little unpacking to do, but otherwise I plan to take it easy, as I think that DH shared his “crud” with me.  A little time with my needle and thread and my audiobook sounds like good therapy. 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

14 comments:

  1. other than the snowstorm it sounds like you have a wonderful time with family for the weekend. who cleared the driveway - sounds like a mystery that needs solving just for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a wonderful and safe weekend. Sounds like the T's did a great job! Hope you feel better soon. Happy quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the snowstorm didn't affect you too much. Congrats to the team - 2nd place! Don't think I've seen an orange tree in Illinois - didn't you just want to pick one of those oranges?! Take it easy and slow today. Hope you feel gray by tomorrow. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearing your driveway sounds like a random act of kindness...does the heart good when that happens. Hope you feel better soon, sounds like a quiet day with some stitching is just the prescription for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good week-end and the T's did great! I bet that driveway being cleared just warmed your tired hearts so much. How nice! Wouldn't you just love to know who did it? Rest up today and feel better soon! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a wonderful weekend with the Ts and their events. Driving in the snow is stressful. Glad that it all went well.

    I hope you feel 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear that you made it to and from the swim meet safely--and that your team did so well :)
    Rest up and feel better soon.
    P.S. The pic of T#4 in the car seat is priceless :)
    Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow is beautiful, until you have to drive in it. Glad you made it safely home.
    I know a couple of people in my community who have grown lemon trees indoors by their south facing windows. But their trees haven't grown that large!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like such a lovely weekend! You are blessed... glad your driving in snow wasn't too bad and you made it safely too! Congrats to your T's!!!
    I don't envy your crud.. I just got over that myself! Get better and enjoy your audiobooks along with your stitches :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2nd!!! Yahooo!!!
    Oh man, getting OUT of events parking lots is the WORST. I'll usually try to just stay in the place for a half hour to let the crowd disperse some. I LOATHE sitting in traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummer on leaving the arena - it is always so slow I usually hang out inside for a while. Glad the meets went well and the kids did great. Sounds like a nice deed on the driveway. Lucky you. Think that young man would come power wash mine? That is next weeks task I think.
    Enjoy snuggling under the quilt and hope you feel better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job on pulling out a 2nd place win! Woo hoo! How wonderful to come home to a cleared driveway! Angels are all around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I'd say someone did a random act of kindness for you and what a welcome sight to come home to. Hope you don't end up with a full blown cold. We are having more wintery weather this week but tomorrow it will be 70. Just crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice surprise to come home to! Maybe some day you'll find out who your benefactor was. Glad you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)