1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green?
Green Eggs and Ham. I don’t know that it’s really a favorite, but it always makes me think of St. Patrick’s Day because when DD was in preschool, they added a little green food coloring to some scrambled eggs on St. Patrick’s Day.
2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck?
No, I do not believe in luck. Luck is defined as:
1. the force that seems to operate for good or ill in a person's life, as in shaping circumstances, events, or opportunities;As a Christian, I believe that God is in control, that what may seem like randomness or chance are all part of His plan.
2. good fortune; advantage or success, considered as the result of chance;
3. a combination of circumstances, events, etc., operating by chance to bring good or ill to a person.
3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring...which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now?
Offspring … I got a phone call from DD Monday morning … they were going to take a day off and wanted to know if I wanted to go up and spend the day with her and the Ts. Well, duh! Of course, I did! Instead of spending time in the sewing room, I spent time with my favorite people.
4. What's something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident?
Hmmmm, that’s a tough one.
5. It's National Celery Month...are you a fan? If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery?
I’m not much of a fan of celery alone … but I do enjoy it in recipes. For Thanksgiving, we always make Bread and Celery Stuffing.
6. What's one thing you wish you'd learned sooner?
That life is short and that every second counts … don’t spend today longing for/waiting for something in the future.
7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be?
I don’t want the cost nor aggravation of a second home, but if we were to own a second home, of course I’d want it to be on the beach on Hilton Head Island. In reality, I’d be quite content with a single home … on the beach on HHI, of course. But our grands are here in Illinois, so we are too.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again … my husband is a keeper. I was looking at fabric at Fat Quarter Shop, and he happened to look at what was on my laptop screen. His comment: “if you want it, order it”. He’s SUCH an enabler when it comes to my
You can never have too many neutrals … as least not in my world. ha!
I’m working on piecing my Kiss blocks … but alas, these blocks were constructed from strips sewn together and then subcut into the size needed to fit into the block … and now the seams along the outer edges are starting to work loose. Some are already loose past the 1/4” seam allowance and others are dangerously close. So I’m having to restitch those seams, which is no small task now that the blocks are sewn together. I know it’ll be worth it when I’m done, but right now I’m pretty frustrated.
I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!