Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green?
Green Eggs and Ham. I don’t know that it’s really a favorite, but it always makes me think of St. Patrick’s Day because when DD was in preschool, they added a little green food coloring to some scrambled eggs on St. Patrick’s Day.
 
 
2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck?
No, I do not believe in luck. Luck is defined as:
1. the force that seems to operate for good or ill in a person's life, as in shaping circumstances, events, or opportunities;
2. good fortune; advantage or success, considered as the result of chance;
3. a combination of circumstances, events, etc., operating by chance to bring good or ill to a person.
As a Christian, I believe that God is in control, that what may seem like randomness or chance are all part of His plan.
 
3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring...which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now?
Offspring … I got a phone call from DD Monday morning … they were going to take a day off and wanted to know if I wanted to go up and spend the day with her and the Ts. Well, duh! Of course, I did! Instead of spending time in the sewing room, I spent time with my favorite people.
IMG_3201IMG_3207


4. What's something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident?
Hmmmm, that’s a tough one.  



5.  It's National Celery Month...are you a fan? If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery?
I’m not much of a fan of celery alone … but I do enjoy it in recipes. For Thanksgiving, we always make Bread and Celery Stuffing.
 


6. What's one thing you wish you'd learned sooner?
That life is short and that every second counts … don’t spend today longing for/waiting for something in the future.


7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be?
I don’t want the cost nor aggravation of a second home, but if we were to own a second home, of course I’d want it to be on the beach on Hilton Head Island. In reality, I’d be quite content with a single home … on the beach on HHI, of course.  But our grands are here in Illinois, so we are too.

 
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again … my husband is a keeper.  I was looking at fabric at Fat Quarter Shop, and he happened to look at what was on my laptop screen.  His comment: “if you want it, order it”.  He’s SUCH an enabler when it comes to my obsession addiction passion for quilting.  So guess what will be coming to Chez Nana soon? 
Half yard bundle 
You can never have too many neutrals … as least not in my world.  ha!

I’m working on piecing my Kiss blocks … but alas, these blocks were constructed from strips sewn together and then subcut into the size needed to fit into the block … and now the seams along the outer edges are starting to work loose.  Some are already loose past the 1/4” seam allowance and others are dangerously close.  So I’m having to restitch those seams, which is no small task now that the blocks are sewn together.  I know it’ll be worth it when I’m done, but right now I’m pretty frustrated. 


I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

17 comments:

  1. I really like your answer to what you wish you would have learned sooner. It's something I try to apply to my life every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an enabler in my home as well. He enables my yarn stash far more than he probably should. But, it's the small things that make me smile that warm his heart. So, who am I to take away his joy? (at least that's how I justify it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pretty sure I'd see Hilton Head in your answer to that last question : ) You're so forunate (lucky?) to live close to your grands though. Special for you and for them too. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate and agree with your answer to #2. And am feeling a bit green with envy right now reading about just picking up and spending time with your favorite folks. I'm in Louisiana and mine are in Texas and Indiana. Enjoy those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun to have a spur of the moment visit with the little ones!

    Enjoy those neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my husband used to say if you want it buy it but the last year or two he looks at the fabric on the shelves and says "don't you have a lot here to use" :) well yes I do but I would love more LOL
    Celery I put in a lot of dishes but rarely eat it by itself. If I could have second house it would be a small log cabin in the Rocky Mountains someplace with in driving distance to a nice small mountain town

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree...your hubby IS a keeper! Any man who utters those words gets an A+ in my book! Yes, I could handle living in HH, too! Glad you got some time with your grands! Looks like you have perfect weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is an enabler too! I wish I had learned to quilt at a younger age and if I could have a second home it would be a cabin in the woods on a side of a mountain so there would be a beautiful view! Hope you can get past all that restitching! Sounds terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed this as always! And your hubby sounds a lot like mine. I deliberate around trying to be conservative, and he just says, "buy it if you want it" lol. We are blessed to have guys so supportive of our passion! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In a perfect world, you and I could be neighbors at the beach! Ha! I was pretty sure our answers would be the same for that question :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yipee for good husbands who keep their wives happy :)
    Love your new springy blog look :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you playing hooky with your dd and Ts :) How fun!! I think hand quilting helps me with confidence in all my life... how about you? Hope your seams get all fixed up and put together! Have a blessed hump day friend! Kathi P. S. Love your new neutrals too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great answer for #2. Give me a place by the ocean where I can see it everyday (at least in the winter) from my balcony and I'd be happy. Home or hotel suite is fine. :) My hubby is the same as yours only with yarn. Sounds like we have a couple of the best ones out there. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a perfect way to spend your day! Great answer for #6. That was very sweet of your husband, he is definitely a keeper......

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like all of your answers. My favorite was not believing in luck. I have always felt just like you do.
    I would never want a second home either.
    I think it is so nice to be married to a nice man. I like that he told you to buy the fabric. Life is filled with such nice things like spending the day with your grand children. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful that your Hubby is so supportive of your hobby!

    It's always so fun to read the various answers of everyone to the HP and loved your answer to #6.

    Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your answer to number 2 and 6. Totally agree!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)