Welcome to this week’s edition of the Hodgepodge … feel free to click on the button above to check out how others answer this week’s questions or to join in yourself!
1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?
Oh yes, we celebrate Easter here. We have an Easter meal with family … DD and her crew along with her in-laws. And of course, we have an Easter Egg hunt … I don’t do baskets for the Ts, but I do have large personalized Easter Eggs that I fill with goodies.
2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope.
I would have to agree. Hope is something that we have within … it’s ours to keep or to lose.
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him. ~Psalm 62:5
3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?
None of the above. I’m not much of a fan of sweets, and I prefer my chocolate with nuts and/or caramel. I’d rather have a Baby Ruth, a Snickers, or some peanut M&Ms.
4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'?
The first time I visited Homestead Hearth, a quilt shop in Mexico, MO. Fabric overload! I didn’t know which way to turn. And I still feel that way when I visit.
5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?
Nothing is coming to me.
6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?
7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.
I’d like to make the days longer … maybe then I’d have enough time to do all I want to do, especially quilting. I’m going to need to live to be 150 or have a lot more hours in the day to be able to make all the quilts I’d like to make.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My thread arrived Monday morning, so I was able to get in a few stitches before heading to DD’s that afternoon. Since Monday night/Tuesday morning insomnia once again reared its ugly head, I had plenty of time to get even more stitches in. This photo was taken when I stopped for lunch on Monday.I didn’t get as much stitching in yesterday as I’d hoped because I
wasted spent over an hour trying to hook up our new Roku. It turns out that our lone remaining HDMI port doesn’t work. ??? So if/when we want to use the Roku, we’ll have to unplug the cable for the DVD player and plug in the cable for the Roku. A pain, but a lot less expensive than trying to get it repaired (can it even be repaired??) or buying a new TV (especially since DH wants a new-fangled Ultra HD TV, not to mention a bigger TV, which will also mean a new TV table).
The only thing missing is a decal that would somehow portray my Ts … then all my loves would be on display.
I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!