Thursday, March 12, 2015

Home Sweet Home

 

There really IS no place like home, y’all!  Winking smile 

 

DD got back home late last night, so I was able to get back home.  It felt so good to crawl into our bed … so why couldn’t I fall asleep?  I could blame DH’s restlessness, but my mind was as restless as his body.  I got up, spent a couple of hours trying to get caught up on emails and blogs, and finally was able to fall asleep at 2:30 … and while I’m thankful I could sleep in, I don’t like this crawling out of bed at close to 8:00.  I’m hoping I’ll be able to get back into my routine tonight … but if I’m not, I’m sure I will be by Monday, as warm ups for the swim meet start at 6:30 both Saturday and Sunday … and we’re expecting twice as many spectators as there are seats for at the aquatic center, so we’re going to try to get there closer to 6:00 to stake out good seats.  And that’s going to mean some pretty early “get-ups” this weekend.  That ought to get me back into my normal morning routine.  And yes, I’ll be wearing my new T-shirt!  Red heart

 

I got to thinking about the quilt that’s next on my agenda, after I finish up T#3’s quilt.  I have all the blocks pieced … all I have to do is piece them together and then baste and quilt … except it just dawned on me this morning that I don’t have any backing fabric for that quilt!  Surprised smile   Thankfully I used Kansas Troubles fabrics for that quilt, so I don’t have to worry about finding something to “go with”.  I just have to decide which of the 3 colors I want for the backing.  I pieced these last April, so here’s a reminder:

The colors didn’t photograph accurately – especially that blue!  Surprised smile  If you’re familiar with KT fabrics, you’ll know that electric blue isn’t one of her colors!  ha!  This is a block I found on the McCall’s Quilting website, called Kiss.  Since this will be for our bed, I was hoping to find a block that would have a name with meaning for the two of us.  Winking smile

 

But first I have to finish up T#3’s quilt … I need to cut strips for binding, sew them together and then sew them on to his quilt.  I’d like to get this done before the weekend so I can start on our quilt on Monday. 

 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

13 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with how quickly you finish hand quilting a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back home. Nothing like your own bed! Love these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isnt that frustrating when you cant get the color right... I have issues when photographing knits as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous blocks there Kathy! Good luck with your binding... hope you get better sleep tonite! Will keep your T's in my thoughts over the weekend :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree, there's no place like home! I feel your 'pain' with the sleepless nights thing. I've had two of them, this week alone :( Wishing you sweet dreams...
    Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, Don't you just hate it when you can't fall asleep! I used to get up to blog, but then my mind would be going 100 miles an hour so I don't anymore. Now, I just make sure I have a cup of Camomile and bedtime tea and that works. I still am amazed at how productive you are! Hope you have a wonderful afternoon and evening!
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a couple of nights this week where I woke up way to early. I don't remember you making these can't wait to see how it looks when they get put together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back home! As we have said before.....is there really a normal schedule anymore??? Enjoy the weekend meets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty blocks. Love the KT line of fabrics. Get that binding on so you can put this one in the hoop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are back home. You sound like you are feeling better too. Have a great weekend! Again I'll think of you at a warm swim meet while I'm in a cold hockey rink - although this is the state tournament and then I'll probably miss it! Love the Kiss blocks! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so hard when you can't fall asleep. I have that happen sometimes and it is not fun. Like you said you should be able to get back on track after those early morning swim meets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I am a little behind today but better late then never, lol. Glad your home and hopefully you will get a good night tonight. My back is bothering me for some reason and I had a hard night last night. Nothing worse then not being able to sleep. Sounds like you have a busy but fun week-end coming up. Good luck to your T's. I need to decide what quilt I might start working on next. I have a few ideas but nothing definite yet. I am LOVING that block for your bed. We need quilt for our bed SOOO badly but not sure I am up to that level yet. Will see. Enjoy your week-end!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a lot of trouble with sleep too so I was so thankful to sleep last night after traveling all day - sometimes I am tossing and turning so much -of course now that I had one good nights sleep I can't count on sleeping well the rest of the visit here at my daughter's house - it just doesn't always work that way.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)