Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Crazy Mixed Up Weather

 

Forecast

I mean, is that crazy or what?  Winter Weather Advisory for this morning and freezing rain for this evening … with 50 degrees in between.  And for those who were hoping that the 50-degree forecast for today was heralding in spring, obviously we’re not quite done with winter yet … 22 degrees and snow tomorrow.  The good news is that by Friday, we’ll be staying above freezing for our highs … with 60+ degree forecasts for next Tuesday and Wednesday.  Woo hoo!  Yes, I know I’m a weather geek.  Winking smile

 

I’m feeling even punier this morning, so no walking with Lois today.  I do want to give my sweet hubby a shout-out for running to get bagels from Panera so I didn’t have to prepare breakfast.  Red heart   I’ll spend today in my recliner … hopefully I’ll be feeling up to spending a little of that time with my needle and thread.  We’ve got a couple of DVDs to watch, so if I’m not feeling like quilting (what?!? - not feeling like quilting?!?  Surprised smile  I know!), we’ll pop in a DVD. 

 

I did get in some quilting yesterday … I’m now working on the 3rd outer ring of blocks.  I have maybe 10 blocks left to quilt … then on to the borders.  I’ve been pondering what to work on next.  I’ll save my pineapple blocks for the retreat I’ll be attending at the end of the month, so maybe it’ll be time to piece those KISS blocks into a top and get to quilting on it.  I pieced the blocks together last spring, before I was “commissioned” to make DD’s chevron quilt … which led to the quilts I promised my grandsons. 

 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

16 comments:

  1. hope you feel better later today. Our weather is crazy too - winter storm tomorrow - freezing rain/sleet/snow - temp drops to about 17 for night and by Saturday warmer weather comes in and 50's - 60's to follow - maybe this well be the last one? I rarely fix breakfast - in our house it has always been everyone for themselves for breakfast and lunch - occasionally I will make breakfast but that doesn't happen often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day of rest hopefully will be the cure. I need to get off the computer and take my walk before the morning is gone! We have 84 on Thursday and high of 63 on Friday! Very strange weather indeed! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you are under the weather (no pun intended)! Sounds like a wonderful day. We are suppose to reach 60 today but it is so wet out I feel like I am living on one of the rice fields down here. So looking forward to some sunshine! But I am thankful I have some half square triangle to keep me busy today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather sure has been crazy, but I'll take any warm days we can get! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are weather geeks here too. It will be nice to have longer days with those warmer temperatures.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a day for weather. Did you catch that terrible cold? My son has it and I have never seen him as sick as he is right now. It has been down right scary.
    I hope you get to just rest.
    I looks like you had such a busy weekend. I am so glad the kids did so good.
    How amazing to see that orange tree.
    Get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes the weather sounds like it is all over the place. We had a nice little storm that lasted for 3 days! Pretty good for us. But I see it's heating back up by this week-end! It's suppose to be just gorgeous today! 68 and sunny! Sure hope you feel better soon. It's a nasty cold I have heard and kind of hangs on so get plenty of rest. Though I am shocked! Don't feel like quilting? lol That won't last I am thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are expecting up to 16" of snow today, so I have a good excuse to stay in my sewing room! Hopefully it will be a typical forecast--wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is very inconsistent weather.
    Sorry you aren't up to par. Sounds like DH will take good care of you. Enjoy your movies and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This weather is so messed up... we're expected to get another 5-12 inches of snow... & its 60 degrees today. What is happening?!?!!?

    Thumbs up for a man who brings home Panera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad to hear you aren't better. It really is a good day to stay in and rest. Sending prayers and healthy thoughts...~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy, So sorry you caught the crud-your day sounds much like mine. I quilted yesterday but didn't last night. It gets tiring to just stay home all day long; we may try to run an errand today. I'm ready to have my energy back! Hope you watched some fun movies and are feeling better!
    hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our weather here in Ohio is very similar to yours. Yuck!!

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your forecast looks a lot like ours!
    Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you are feeling better and are able to get some quilting time in. It has been a weird Winter here too. They are starting the Iditarod dog sled race in Fairbanks this year because there is no snow in the South-Central part of the state. They will still have the ceremonial start in Anchorage.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The weather just doesn't make sense sometimes, does it! Hoping you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)