Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday Morning Miscellany


I’ll bet you were expecting to see my progress in quilting the Kiss quilt, huh?  Yeah, me too.  I worked my tail off to get that quilt basted … only to realize as I was putting in the last half dozen pins that I didn’t have any quilting thread … I’d ordered some on Friday, but alas, it won’t be here until today (hopefully … as of an hour ago it’s been shipped out of the USPS facility in Hazelwood, MO which is a mere 30 minutes away … of course, it’s the USPS we’re talking about here, so for all I know, it won’t be delivered to me until Wednesday! Confused smile).  IMG_1370I was so disappointed that I couldn’t get started on the quilting … but perhaps it’s a blessing that I’ve got another day before I can start, as I’m still not sure just how I’m going to quilt this.  Any ideas, you quilters out there?

After I got the basting done, I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and get outside to do a little pruning … my knock-out roses and butterfly bush always need a little “haircut” before spring … I usually try to get to them in February or early March at the latest, but it seems like I was busy, busy, busy on any of the nice days we’ve had in the last six weeks.  I did a little walkabout the yard after I was done pruning and saw that spring is in fact coming to Chez Nana.  My hostas are coming up.IMG_3232And our cherry tree is going to be blooming in a few more weeks.IMG_3230I noticed on my walkabout that I’ve got a couple more bushes that need a spring “haircut” and that the landscaping mulch desperately needs to be replenished.  It looks like it’s really going to get up to 74 on Wednesday … I think that might be just the day for getting out and working in the yard. 

After I finished up in the yard yesterday, I got in a few stitches on my Martha Washington’s Flower Garden block. 

Today’s plan includes a walk with my neighbor Lois, some more work with my MWFG, watching the Ts and participating in their swim team’s fundraiser at a local pizza joint. 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

17 comments:

  1. No ideas on the quilting, sorry. That is always my hold up. Off to pin my quilt this morning since the rain is hampering my walk right now. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that quilt! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Yep, looks like spring is here! Enjoy your week Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your thread arrives today! I have a long list and then to the sewing room. No outside activities today - we got snow and ice last night and is still snowing ;( Enjoy your day! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be gorgeous! How about a diagonal grid? You wouldn't have to mark anything :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things always seem to gear up this time of year, but we're all happy to see signs of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would have been faster to pick up the thread yourself! Oh well. Enjoy the spring weather. I'm sure it will feel heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are starting to see things bloom too. I actually saw my first daffodil on the side of the road yesterday :)
    Enjoy that walk today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yeah! It's good to see some green finally popping through :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt! I'm sure whatever you decide will be wonderful! Maybe a Baptist Fan?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daffodils are starting to bloom and my lilac bushes are going to be leafing out in a few weeks. Way too early, here. We still get heavy frosts into mid-May in a normal year, but we kind of skipped over winter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh I feel your pain on being ready to work on a project and realizing you are missing something important (thread)

    Spring looks like it is arriving--yea! Am ready for green and flowers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad that spring is showing up there.
    I think your day sounds so nice. Too bad about that thread. I always wish that I could just go pick it up myself,.
    Have a really nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my your garden is ahead of mine. My hostas are not even showing and the cherry trees are just starting to form buds. I think it is lack of sun to warm the ground. But alas, we had some today I really love your kiss blocks. About how big is each block?

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had the most beautiful Spring day today and I felt like a new woman. I kept our little Andi Kate today and even took her out for a while. Hope that thread arrived this afternoon for you so you could get to stitching. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We still have snow and the temperatures are below freezing! Later this week we are told the temperatures will go up! As for the quilting how about Baptist fans?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I pruned my knock-out roses a few days ago and they're coming out like you wouldn't believe! Your quilt looks beautiful, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)