Thursday, March 26, 2015

Best Laid Plans

 

You know what they say about our best laid plans … I’m hoping that the old saying is NOT going to be true in my case.  Winking smile  You see, I’ve got big plans for the next few days. 

 

I mentioned back in January that I’d signed up for a retreat being hosted by a new (to me) quilt shop.  I love going to quilt retreats.  While it’s true that thanks to my sweet hubby, I could “retreat” here at home and quilt/sew away my day (and frequently do), there’s just something special about spending a day or two stitching with fellow quilters … so I was really looking forward to this retreat. 

 

And even more so now since earlier this week, it was beginning to look like I wasn’t going to be able to go after all.  DD had an appointment, and she needed me to watch the kiddos Friday.  AND I hadn’t heard anything (like directions to the retreat center, what will be provided, etc. – and how to pay the balance due!) from the quilt shop, even though I had contacted them as recently the 19th.  But yesterday, in the matter of about an hour, DD had told me that the appointment was Thursday not Friday as she’d previously thought … and the quilt shop contacted me, apologizing for their inability to respond sooner (the gal in charge of the retreat’s computer had a virus … no explanation why she didn’t have someone else contact us or call us, but I so wanted to go to retreat, that I let it slide) and offering to cut the cost to make up for her inability to get back to us sooner.  So the retreat is back on.  Woo hoo!  Open-mouthed smile

 

And if that isn’t exciting enough, there’s a nice quilt show in a town about an hour further up the road.  Since I’ll be about halfway there, I was hoping to be able to get up there to spend a couple of hours at the show before heading to retreat.  Since I will be at DD’s this afternoon and evening, I wasn’t sure if I’d have time to get everything caught up, packed and ready for me to hit the road by 8:00 tomorrow to be able to get in a nice chunk of time at the show.  But the rain this morning meant that Lois and I wouldn’t get in our walk, so that gave me the extra time I need in order to accomplish all I want to get done today.  Smile

 

Everything’s falling into place nicely.  Thumbs up

 

 

In other news, I got a phone call inviting me to join DD and the Ts for an outing yesterday.  They’re currently studying China, and the Magic House in St. Louis is hosting an exhibit called Children’s China.  DD thought that a stop for Chinese for lunch and the exhibit afterward would be a fun way to reinforce what they’re learning in school.  Recently Updated3The top left picture is of me with T#3 and T#4 in the “Panda Nursery”, and the bottom left is T#3 carrying the dragon during the dragon parade.  The middle picture is the 4 Ts before heading into the exhibit.  The top right is T#4 eating ice cream with her chop sticks, and the bottom right is all four in the “Panda Nursery”.  It was a long and fairly exhausting afternoon/evening, but I loved absolutely every single moment!  These kinds of afternoons are why I didn’t hesitate for a moment when offered the opportunity to retire early … these memories far outweigh whatever little extra pension benefit I might have earned while working longer.

 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

17 comments:

  1. You are so right! I'm glad you're able to live near and enjoy your grands, and they can enjoy you. My closest are over 3 hours away, and it's not always convenient. But we take advantage of what we can and we're always glad to see them. I take it your grands are homeschooled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Congrats on your quilting plans working out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great time at the retreat!!!!
    I've been thinking of starting a knit group just because its always so fun to do these things with others - learn from them & fun conversation.
    Cant wait to hear how it all goes

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about the memories. Have a great time at retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that everything is falling into place like that. I also love your Home schooling field trip. Those really are my favorite way to teach school. I loved that part. I love all of your pictures too. What a lovely family you have.
    I am so glad you will get to go to your quilt retreat and get to see the exhibit. It just sounds like a fun day.
    I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice you can spend so much time with your grands - always nice to see these king of family photos of activity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you love having God moments in your life and things just work out as they should!! I love the collage of you and your T's. :) Great memories I am sure! I am handstitching and helping my honey grout the tile... I am the sponge rinser! lol
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time at your retreat. I am so happy things are working out so that you can go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that you still get to go on your retreat. As much as I know you want to be there for your daughter and grandkids, it is also important to get time to refill your plate.
    The China outing looks like a fun time! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the Magic House is a great place to take grands. So glad everything worked out for you going to your retreat. I want to see more progress on those pineapple blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is going to work out! Have a wonderful retreat - I'll be waiting to hear about all of your fun. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I bet you are going to have a wonderful time at your quilting retreat. One of my friends goes to sewing retreats 3-4 times a year and has a blast.

    We'll look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a wonderful day with the children. How great to be able to take in a quilt show plus a retreat. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!! Soo glad everything fell into place for the quilting retreat. I would LOVE to do that someday...soo fun. Enjoy every minute...I will be excited to hear how it went. Sounds like another fun day with the T's too. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks and sounds like everything is working out perfectly for your weekend retreat. Have fun. That's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for things working out for you, and I hope you have a wonderful time and make lots of new friends! Looks like you and your sweet family had a good time reinforcing that learning. You are all blessed to have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your having a great time! Sound like the outing was a perfect day with your T's.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)