Saturday, March 14, 2015

It's Done, It's Done!







I tooK this photo as soon as I finished the binding (before tossing it into the washer and dryer). And look - a label! My first labelled quilt! I learned (the hard way) a lesson about adding a label ... I attached it to the corner as I sewed on the binding - so I'd have to only hand stitch down two of the four sides ... but I was able to get the label squared up as well as I'd like. I think next time I'll baste the label in place before I sew on the binding. 😉







I was able to get this photo taken after I washed and dried it ... I wasn't sure if there'd be enough daylight to get a decent shot, but thanks to Daylight Savings Time, there was. I'm not sure why it doesn't look square in this second photo ... it is (as you can see in the first photo) ... I blame the photographer. Ha!

I've taken the quilt with me to give to my favorite 7 y.o. (after today's sessions are over). I can't wait to see his face when I give it to him.

I'm linking up to Julie's Binding Blitz.

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy! Have a great day!

Kathy

22 comments:

  1. I'm sure he will love it to pieces; Nana did a wonderful job on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! He will love, love, love it! Great job on your part!!! Now that you've done a label, next time you might want to try a triangle one - use a square and fold it in half diagonally. Sew the raw edges into the binding and hand stitch down ONE side. I'm always looking for the fast finish! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Soo beautiful! He will love it I am sure. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking at the photo today on my computer and I can see the color's so much better than on my little phone :) it looks great love the label too - have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a beautiful finish! Love it! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift you have there. You did a fantastic job. You must feel great having this one finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! The quilt is beautiful and that special recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous finish! Washed and ready for major snuggles too!!! Congrats :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brava!!!! Great job - it is gorgeous and he is going to LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love this and think it's my very favorite of any you have shown us. What a treasured piece this will be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, it is gorgeous! Your love just shines through every stitch. I know he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful job, Kathy. Congrats on getting the label on!
    For a slightly simpler label to attach take a look at Bonnie Hunter's first suggestion in this post. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/01/label-label-label.html
    That is my "go to" label method. Then you just have one side to stitch down by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful! You are so fast at hand quilting! And good for you putting a label on. I am so very bad about that! Hope you have pictures of that little guys face when he gets it :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is just beautiful!! You did such a nice job. My husband was looking over my shoulder as I was reading your post and he was impressed too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's beautiful. I hope you get a picture of his face when he sees it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful gift! I bet he was so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must have missed this post Kathy! I love the way this turned out! Love the simplicity of the design and your log cabins have inspired me to start stitching my first log cabin blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on this wonderful finish! You have done a great job and I'm sure it will be loved to threads!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, your quilting really makes the quilt. Lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very pretty finish and such a nice pattern.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)