Monday, March 16, 2015

The Weekend Wrap-up–plus a little more




Actually, there’s not a lot of wrap up this weekend as we spent it at the aquatic center for the Heartland Area Championships (comparable to state championships, with qualifying swimmers from teams from southern Illinois and eastern Missouri competing).  Forgive this Nana for bragging, but I have to say that the Ts did very well … they dropped time on almost all (if not all) of their events, medaled on most (T#1 medaled on all his, finishing 3rd or higher; T#2 medaled on all but 1 and on that event, she finished .01 second away from medaling – that’s one hundredth of a second, y’all!; and T#3 did well and medaled on 1 event – not bad at all for a 7 y.o. in his second season of swim and his first Area appearance). 
Google Drive1
Forgive the less-than-spectacular quality of the two smaller photos, as they were taken by my iPhone from clear across the pool.  That’s T#1 in the blue hoodie and T#2 receiving her medal, and in the group photo, that’s my little guy there in the center … the one in just his jammers, with the 1 medal. 

The swimmers get a much-deserved break for a couple of weeks … then summer warm-ups start on April 6 … Monday through Thursday nights in the pool again.  Those swimmers work hard, but it has paid off in medals.  Winking smile



I can’t forget T#4 … she and I went for a walk outside between the afternoon and evening sessions yesterday.  I wanted to get a picture of the tree buds, and thankfully she was my backdrop.
IMG_3189



T#3 got his quilt last night, but I didn’t get a photo.  He was excited … I can’t wait to see it on his bed. 



I *ought* to get caught up on some housecleaning today, but I’m really wanting to get back into the sewing room to get started on piecing together my Kiss blocks.  I ought to compromise, do some cleaning until noon and then sew.  But I’m not so sure that’s what I’ll do.  Winking smile  After a weekend away from my needle and thread, I am anxious to sew.


I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

15 comments:

  1. looks like you had a fun time with the grandchildren - it is hard to decide sometimes which wins out cleaning or quilting - you could always toss in a load of laundry and then go sew well the machine is busy then you are doing both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed. They really work hard when it comes to swimming and what an amazing way to stay fit. This will benefit the rest of their lives. I love your dedication to quilting. I don't have a passion/hobby like that. I guess I'll go to the show today, I do enjoy that, however my house needs a good cleaning too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh - sew away. The house work will wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe.... I did some hand work on appliqué while catching up on last weeks recorded shows.... now I am vacuuming and dusting. Priorities =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Rebecca...the housework will always be there...take a day to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your little T's on their great accomplishments :)

    Kathy (Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your grandchildren! Way to work hard! Hope you could fit in some stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the Ts. It sounds like it was another busy weekend for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for the T's! What a great weekend! Bet T#4 can't wait until she can swim. Hope you had time to enjoy this gorgeous day. I just came in form an evening walk - it's so nice. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for the T's!!!! :)
    Sounds like you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to all your T's... the swimming ones and the snuggly one too! lol
    Hope you got a bit of both done yesterday so there isn't so much on your plate the rest of the week housework wise and maybe soon we can see a flimsy pic !!! So excited for your quilty progress! Hope you are feeling better being around chlorine all weekend! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!! On the t's doing SOOO well! Their hard work and perseverance has paid off! I can see why Nana would be soo proud. Can I ever relate about wanting to get back to your sewing. I went to docs yesterday on my back and mine is do to muscle strain probably primarily from sitting bent at the sewing machine. But also on the computer. My two favorite things! She gave me some meds and I slept a little better last night but it is just going to take some time. I am not a very patient person so this ought to be interesting. But I am going to have to back off some if I want to get better....sigh. I'd blame this on getting older but this happened to me once before when I was quite young. I was trying to be careful by not over doing it so it wouldn't happen again, but looks like I didn't do a good enough job. I am glad I've gotten the majority of things done. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I vote for the sewing room. Hope that's what you did. Congrats to all your t's accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your T's did downright AWESOME! I know you're beaming with pride! Hope your weather is as glorious as ours today. Heading outside in a few!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)