Wednesday, February 18, 2015
1. When did you last have to interact, either by phone or in person, with someone in a government run agency? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the experience? (10 being fabulous and 1 being pass the Tylenol)
I’m trying to remember … I guess it was when I had to get a new driver’s license last spring, so I had to go to the DMV. Surprisingly, my experience wasn’t altogether unpleasant … I got right in and right out, so I’d rate it a 9.
2. The current governor of Wisconsin is considering a run for President next time around. Walker attended Marquette University, but never graduated. In terms of any candidate running for the office of President (not asking here if you agree or disagree with Scott Walker's politics) would the lack of a college degree influence your vote or no? Would that be a factor in your support of any candidate running for public office, even a role less weighty than President?
I’m more concerned about a candidate’s stand on the issues than his or her education.
3. When did you last visit a place or site named for George Washington or Abraham Lincoln, and what was that place or site?
Does the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library count? DH and I visited there a couple of years ago and enjoyed our visit.
4. February 16th was President's Day in the US, but did you know it was also National Almond Day? I didn't think so : ) Do you like almonds? If so, what's a food/dish/recipe you enjoy that contains almonds?
I didn’t know that there was a National Almond Day, although I shouldn’t be surprised because it seems that there’s a National Day for just about anything and everything these days. I like almonds and prefer them “as is”, but I don’t eat them too often because I have a hard time limiting the quantity. I like my daughter’s homemade granola bars that includes almonds.
5.The television program Saturday Night Live celebrated its 40th anniversary this past weekend. Were/are you a fan of the show? If so what has been your favorite, or one of your favorite, skits, sayings, or characters that came out of the program?
I used to watch SNL a lot, back in the day – way back when I could stay up past 9:00. I don’t know that I could narrow it down to one particular skit … maybe the Weekend Update.
6. Anything purple within ten feet of you? What is it?
No … obviously I’m just not much of a fan of purple … I’m not sure I’ve ever worn anything that was truly purple nor ever used it in decorating.
7. Back in December I asked you to submit a question for a future HP as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I grabbed this one from those entries, submitted by Zoanna who blogs over at Penchant for Pens.
She asks, "How often do you make your bed, and how do you like to make it-pull the covers all the way up over the pillows, tuck the covers in around the pillows, or place all the pillows on top of the covers?"
Making the bed is something I don’t particularly enjoy doing, but I always feel like my day is ready to begin once the bed is made. I prefer to place the pillows on top of the comforter. No, that’s not one of my quilts … but I do have 42 blocks pieced and ready to make into a quilt … one of these days.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Another visit from my old pal Insomnia … I was wide awake at 1:45 this morning!
We got more snow last night … just a dusting, but everything that was cleared off (streets, driveways, etc.) is white again. And we’re not done with wintery weather … we’ve got a low of –5 forecast for this evening and wind chills as low as –20 forecast for today/tonight/tomorrow plus icy weather forecast for Saturday. Ok, we’ve finally had a “real” snow … winter can go away now.
I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy! Have a great day!