Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook For Today - October 10


FOR TODAY ... Sunday, October 10, 2010

Today is 10-10-10, something that won't happen again in 100 years.  Here's what's going on in my world today. 

Outside my window... the sun is shining, and it's getting warm; yep, we're in the middle of Indian summer

I am thinking
... how happy I am to be at home this afternoon, with nothing much to do except whatever I would like to do ... yes, I do believe I could easily become a hermit (except for needing a T's fix LOL)

I am thankful for
... the opportunity to help DD with the T's yesterday (even if they wore me out!)

From the kitchen
... Sunday paper & laptops on the counter, breakfast & lunch dishes in the sink - gotta tackle this kitchen before I go work on that quilt!

I am wearing
... Disney T, shorts and flip flops (told you - we're in the middle of Indian summer!! LOL)

I am creating
... a quilt for DSIL; I'm still working on it ... and will be for quite a while so don't expect much change in this topic ;-)

I am going
... to add the borders to DSIL's quilt today so I can baste it tomorrow so I can start quilting!  I have to admit that I am a little apprehensive about the borders, as I've only done a border once ... and didn't do it the right way.  :-o 

I am hoping...
that we were able to get Abby's (our black Lab) antibiotics started soon enough so we won't have to have any more surprises in the doggy beds; TMI?

I am hearing
... Toby (our golden) getting a drink of water and the neighbor's windmill turning with the breeze (where's my can of WD40? LOL)

Around the house
... windows are all open and a nice breeze is blowing in

One of my favorite thing
s... windows open and breeze blowing in (no $$ to SW Electric and lots of fresh air!)

A few plans for the rest of the week/weekend…
working on the borders on DSIL's quilt, the 4:00 family conference call this afternoon, more baseball playoffs, getting caught up on laundry ... that ought to be enough for one day!  Gotta pace myself, dontcha know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)