Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Totally Random Eleven

 


What?  Only eleven??? 

1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.)
No, it's actually "fox paw" -- LOL.  I have words I continually mispronounce, such as coupon (I pronounce it "cue-pon"; it should be "coo-pon" as my family gloatingly reminds me). 

2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")
Hate them!  I'm a grammaticaster - with OCD - which requires me to spell out EVERY. SINGLE. WORD I type ... and agonize over misspellings, typos, punctuation errors and texting shortcuts (mine or anyone else's).

3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.
Lucky for you (and for me) I no longer have a scanner (exchanged our printer/scanner/copier for a wireless printer; we got it for a mere song; of course, part of the reason it was so cheap was because it only prints).  Anywho, back to the question at hand, I cannot scan my high school picture, and your eyes will thank you.  I graduated in 1969, but because I grew up in a small, uber-conservative rural town in the Midwest, my picture featured the mile-high teased hair and semi "cat's eyes" glasses.  No hippies allowed in my home town! And back in the day, senior pictures were not the big deal that they are these days.  Pictures were taken each year of high school for inclusion in the yearbook; the senior pictures were no different, other than the seniors' pictures published in the yearbook were bigger than the freshmen's, sophomores', and juniors' pictures. 

5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.
I never attended a high school homecoming.  Back in my day, homecoming was definitely NOT what it is now.  The emphasis was on the football game ... with the dance afterward not much more than an afterthought.  My high school years weren't the best 4 years of my life (they'll give a run for the money for the worst 4 years of my life, but that's another story), so I didn't attend homecoming.  And I attended college as a single mom on a commuter campus -- no homecoming, and even if there had been, I wouldn't have attended. 

6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?"
If you had asked me 5 years ago, I would have said "sunsets", but today my answer is "sunrises".  Is it possible that a former night owl can become a morning person??  I love that sunsets tease us with colorful skies ... and suddenly, the sun is up.  I love the newness and promise of another day that a sunrise heralds.  Here's a sunrise from my favorite location:  Hilton Head Island.  


7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?"
I'd like to take a cruise from Seattle to Alaska, visit Alaska, and return by train (dome car) through the Canadian Rockies.  I'd also like to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame and the Hockey Hall of Fame.  And I've got quite a list of places I'd like to travel to (Cape Cod, coast of Maine, the Outer Banks to name a few).

8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?"
First, let me say that I do not believe in reincarnation.  But for the sake of playing along ;-), I'd like to come back as a dog.  For the most part, dogs are treated as well as, if not better, than humans.  (I'll spare y'all the soap box.)  Here's our Abby, napping on the couch.  She was just a pup at the time, but she still sleeps on the couch, with her head on a throw pillow. 




9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location.
Hmmmm, 10 years ago we had all survived the Y2K scare, and terrorists hadn't attacked the US.  At a personal level, I was still working (at the Foundation; I was desperate to leave there, totally unaware of how much uglier things would get ... before getting better again).  None of the Ts had been born, and all 4 parentals were still living.  We were still living on Grant Dr.  It was a good time, but now is so much better. 

10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?
I don't think so - I certainly try not to.  However, if the discussion is with DH (and isn't contentious), I will when once again I'm proven right (as I always am LOL).

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?"
Caramel apples!!!  Yummy!  I prefer the caramel apples from Bobby's Frozen Custard here ... hand dipped (twice) and rolled in chopped pecans (just say NO to peanuts on caramel apples!).  


12. From Linda's 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.)
Now this is a stumper.  I even "cheated" to see what others had to say, but nothing "clicked".  I thought at the Ingalls family from Little House on the Prairie, but man, it was too hard back in the 1800's -- and no computers, no indoor plumbing, no Diet Coke.  Sorry - got nothing here.

As always, this is fun ... and if you'd like to join along, just click on the icon at the top of this post.

8 comments:

  1. I also pronounce it cou-pon. I pick on my family sometimes and pronounce it cou-pun. In which I have heard some saying it that way. They hate it when I do it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, cute pup! The dog we had before this one was named Abbey-she was a shepherd collie mix and such a good watchdog.

    Homecomings are crazy now...I like to tell my girls to leave a few bells and whistles for their wedding! Seriously, every dance and event requires hair, nails, new clothes, etc etc.

    I'm with you on living in the 1800's. For starters-healthcare. Shudder! I don't even like the dentist in 2010 : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, that drink sign - "concrete?!" what's up with that>!

    Loved your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just happened on your blog and decided you needs a new "Follower"!
    I'm your girl!
    We're both Nana's and Daughters of the king.
    We rock!
    enjoyed my visit!
    Stop over anytime, love to have yu!...oops! I mean Love to have YOU!...I already now how that bugs you! Ha!
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a littel CDO (Like OCD, but it's ALPHABETICAL--LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!!!!! ), however text-ese isn't one of my hot buttons. I have gotta know...what is Pumpkin-n-Cream Concrete?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweet Abby and my Buster, your are so right about a dog's life.

    I don't believe in reincarnation either :)

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweet Abby and my Buster, your are so right about a dog's life.

    I don't believe in reincarnation either :)

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just happened on your blog and decided you needs a new "Follower"!
    I'm your girl!
    We're both Nana's and Daughters of the king.
    We rock!
    enjoyed my visit!
    Stop over anytime, love to have yu!...oops! I mean Love to have YOU!...I already now how that bugs you! Ha!
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)