Friday, October 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook For Today - October 8


FOR TODAY ... Friday, October 8, 2010

Outside my window... it’s sunny and chilly, but it's going to warm up to the low 80's -- I guess that this is Indian summer

I am thinking
... what to fix for dinner tonight

I am thankful for
... for DD ... when I came inside yesterday evening, all hot, sweaty, dirty and exhausted from staining the deck, there was a text message from her on my cell phone ... a picture of T#1 and T#4 and the message:  we love you.  Wow, did that lift my spirits!

From the kitchen
... coffee brewing (for DH, not me!)

I am wearing
... a River Otters t-shirt, pants, and a sweatshirt

I am creating
... a quilt for DSIL; I'm still working on it ... and will be for quite a while ;-)

I am going
... to take it easy today, rest up these weary bones (and aching muscles)

I am hoping... to be able to get some work done on DSIL's quilt


I am hearing
... the dogs eating their breakfast

Around the house
... newly stained deck which is looking fine if I do say so myself (so glad that project's completed!), a newly planted dogwood that I can see right outside my kitchen window (imagine the view this spring!), sewing table set up in the living room

One of my favorite thing
s... hockey season starts tomorrow!

A few plans for the rest of the week/weekend…
other than church Sunday morning, there's nothing on my schedule for the next couple of days.  Of course, I'm not foolish enough to think that it'll stay that way!  LOL  But for right now, I'm just going to enjoy the freedom of several days with nothing much to do.  


I think today is going to be a GOOD day.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)