Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Road trip!

This morning, my neighbor and friend Lois and I hit the road to go to Hannibal, MO.
We're both quilters ... and our excuse reason to go to Hannibal was to visit the highly-recommended Hickory Stick Quilt Shop.  They had a lot of beautiful fabrics and completed quilts on display. 
We both got some fabric for an upcoming Hearts n Hands quilt guild workshop although they didn't carry any of the notions that we needed for the workshop.  All in all, it was a productive trip.  But I still prefer the local quilt shops.

After we checked out the Hickory Stick, we strolled up and down Main Street; we checked out some small shops, including the Mark Twain Museum.   Before hitting the road to return back to our neck of the woods, we stopped for lunch at Breadeaux Pizza.

Since we "struck out" on the quilting notions, we decided to stop at the local Jackman's on our way back home; it was a little out of the way, but we found everything we needed and saved 10% thanks to our quilt guild membership.  I found more of the water-soluble marking pens that work well on the quilt I'm currently quilting, so since I was saving 10%, I decided to stock up.  Unfortunately, DH told me that Wal-Mart carries those pens for half the price I paid at Jackman's.  :-(  However, Wal-Mart is out of them; so I asked DH just how much am I really saving if the item I want isn't in stock?  ha!

I had just enough time, after getting home, to go for a walk with the dogs and start dinner.  Our TNT guild meets tonight, and I'm going to take T#3's big boy quilt to "show and tell".  It's going to be a long day ... but it's always a good day when it's spent with a friend.  ;-)  And we're already planning a future quilt shop road trip.  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I would have throughly enjoyed visiting there. I have been to Hannibal but only for a stopover, but that looked like so much fun!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)