Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook for Today - October 12


FOR TODAY ... Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Outside my window... the forecast rain is not anywhere in sight, in spite of the partly cloudy skies; I do hope we get that rain ... and plenty of it; we need it.

I am thinking
... that I'd better get up and going; I don't want to fritter away my day.  DH & I both had sleepless nights Sunday evening, so we slept in this morning and are getting an awfully slow start to the day. 

I am thankful for
... neighbors who have become friends. 

From the kitchen
... breakfast dishes are in the sink, yesterday's & today's newspapers are on the island.   

I am wearing
...my usual:  River Otter's T, pants, sweatshirt.

I am creating
... a quilt for DSIL; I'm still working on it ... and will be for quite a while so don't expect much change in this topic ;-)

I am going
... to the quilt guild meeting tonight with my friend/neighbor Lois.  I'm taking T#3's "big boy quilt" for "show and tell."  I need to get a good photo of that before I give it to T#3.  I don't have many pictures of the quilts that I've made ... and certainly none really "staged" to show them off.  :-(

I am hoping...
that we get the rain that's in the forecast.   

I am hearing
... bricklayers back to work on the house across the street and Toby (our golden retriever) panting as she lies on the floor at my feet

Around the house
... laundry still needs to be done; I started a load yesterday, but I didn't even get it to the dryer.  <sigh>  I thought that with a first-floor laundry room just steps off the kitchen, I'd stay caught up on laundry -- after all, I'm only doing laundry for the two of us.  <sigh>  

One of my favorite thing
s... open windows ... not only do we save $ on our electric & gas bills, but there's just nothing quite like fresh air gently blowing in. 

A few plans for the rest of the week/weekend…
tonight is quilt guild meeting, tomorrow night is our Sunday School class's turn to prepare the meal for WWF, Friday is T#4's first birthday and Captain Hog's BBQ at the Gun Club

I think today's post is going to be a shorter one ... like I mentioned earlier, we got a late start to the day, the kitchen is a wreck, and I'd like to get started on the quilting of DSIL's quilt.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)