Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Simple woman's Daybook For Today - September 28

Since I started this blog as a journal, I thought that using The Simple Woman's Daybook would be an excellent way to journal what's happening on an everyday basis in my life.

  
FOR TODAY ... Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Outside my window... it’s chilly and sunny with some clouds, construction continues on the house across the street, the roofers continue to work on the house two doors down

I am thinking
... about wrapping up this time on the computer soon

I am thankful for
... so much more than I have room or time to write, but today I’m especially thankful for this lovely weather, for the time to be able to work on the quilt and for being able to watch T#1 and T#2 play soccer tonight

From the kitchen
... steel cut oats are on the stove (getting a late start to the day today)

I am wearing
... my jammies – navy sweats

I am creating
... a quilt for DSIL

I am going
... nowhere until the soccer game at 6pm

I am reading
... nothing right now; I finished the Runaway Quilt and need to find out which one is next on the list and get it ordered from the library

I am hoping
... that our dog sitter will contact us soon to pick up the house key; we’ll be getting away for a couple of days next week

I am hearing
... birds chirping outside and the oats simmering on the stove

Around the house
... the stack of stuff to be carried back down to the basement is starting to bother me – I need to get that stuff downstairs today

One of my favorite thing
s... not having to run the air conditioner

A few plans for the rest of the weekend/week…
dinner with friends tomorrow, BBQ at the Gun Club on Friday, more soccer Saturday morning … and hopefully finishing the quilt top

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)