Thursday, September 23, 2010

A little of this, a little of that

I had the 4 T's yesterday ... I love the time I get to spend with them.  Being available to help my daughter out by watching them for her is one of the best parts of retirement!  (As well as being able to take it easy the next day as I recuperate from having them here!  It's FUN, but it's exhausting!)

I don't know how much recuperating I'll be able to do today.  First thing this morning, we're going to get a storm door installed.  Call us old-fashioned, but we miss being able to open the door and let more fresh air in.

Later in the day, we'll be getting our new flat panel, high-def TV set up.  We may be old-fashioned (see storm door), but we've finally decided to enter the 21st century with our TV!  Of all our friends and family, we're the last ones to bite the bullet and get a high-def TV.

I do hope to get some more quilting done on T#3's "big boy quilt".

This is a shot of the "flimsy" (quilt top before sandwiched with the batting and the backing) - "hung" over a door.  It's done in all blues (the lighter blues photographed as white).

When I finish that quilt, I'll start one for my daughter & son-in-law (although it will be used by my son-in-law, who's been using the first quilt I ever made, a mostly pink log cabin quilt that I made in 1982; it's just about shot, and I'm thinking that he needs a more "manly" quilt to sleep with LOL).  I had what I thought was the perfect quilt ... even got the fabric, but ooops, the finished quilt is just 60x70.  I don't think that will work very well for a guy over 6 feet tall!  I'll make that quilt for myself (I don't have a single quilt I've made ... they've all gone to my daughter & her family).  I have the pattern picked out for his quilt ... just need to run to the quilt shop and get the fabrics.

Even though today is the first day of fall, it's going to be another very warm one.  We'll have to run that air conditioner another day.  Thankfully it's supposed to cool down tomorrow - can't complain if fall is just a day late.  Ha!

Hope your day is a blessed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)