Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook For Today - September 30

FOR TODAY ... Thursday, September 30, 2010

Outside my window... it’s warm and sunny ... a perfect Fall day

I am thinking
... about getting the supplies for the deck so when we get back from Paducah, we can get right to work on staining

I am thankful for
... early retirement ... I'm every bit as busy as I was when I was working, but now my days are filled with things and people I love!

From the kitchen
... breakfast dishes on the counter

I am wearing
... a Cardinals T-shirt, jeans and a sweatshirt

I am creating
... a quilt for DSIL; I'm still working on ... and will be for quite a while ;-)

I am going
... nowhere today, and I'm glad ... I'd like to get the quilt top finished today (or at least tomorrow)

I am hoping... I'm able to get quite a bit of quilt pieces cut today

I am hearing
... the workers putting the rafters on the house across the street

Around the house
... peace and quiet

One of my favorite thing
s... hockey season starting soon

A few plans for the rest of the weekend/week…
BBQ at the Gun Club tomorrow, more soccer & time with the T's Saturday morning, preparing for a 2-day road trip to Paducah … and hopefully piecing/basting the quilt

Today is one of those days where I'm just overwhelmed with a feeling of contentment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)