Once again Joyce has come up with some interesting questions for this week’s Hodgepodge. I know I say that every week, but it’s true … I don’t know how she does it … but I’m thankful that she does. If you’d like to join in (the more the merrier, you know), just click on the button below.
1. What is something that bothers you if it is not done perfectly?
Seriously just one thing? I’m a perfectionist type A with OCD tendencies. It might be easier to answer what is something that does NOT bother me if it’s not done perfectly! ha!
2. What is one of your best childhood memories?
Sitting in the living room, on the floor, with a big wedge of homegrown watermelon on one of those old-fashioned Coca Cola trays, listening to the Cardinals broadcast on the radio, keeping score on a sheet of paper leftover from school.
3. Do you plan to watch the Royal Wedding and when was the last time you wore a hat?
I don’t plan to watch the Royal Wedding. There are only two reasons I’d get up that early: an emergency and to head off to one of our trips to the beach!
And I’m not sure that I’ve ever worn a hat … I can’t even remember the last time I wore a cap.
4. Where do you fall in the birth order in your family? Do you think this has influenced your personality?
I’m the oldest. And I’d have to say that I do believe I have many of the compliant traits of a first-born.
- People Pleasers
- Crave Approval
- Team Players
- "Grin and bear it" mentality
- Movers and shakers
- Natural leaders
- Always have things under control
- Want things their way
These two types of first born children may seem very different, but they do share quite a few characteristics.
5. Where do you think you spend most of your money?
We have two categories of our budget that are tied for largest amount expended … groceries and charitable giving.
6. When you need to confront someone would you rather communicate in person, on the phone, by email or by letter? Why?
Email or letter. I don’t like confrontation, and if I can write out (either on the computer or on paper) what I need to say, I find that I can take the time to edit my thoughts instead of saying the first thing that comes into my mind (and avoid saying something that I’ll regret) … it also allows me to be able to stay on target and avoid bringing in unrelated issues.
7. Dodge ball, freeze tag, kickball or jump rope? You have to pick one.
In looking for a picture of a kickball to include with my answer to #7, I learned that there are adult kickball leagues. And I thought it was just a schoolyard game.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
DD & her family move in just a couple of days … in fact, they start loading up their stuff tomorrow evening. We got a head start on the move last night by bringing a lot of their excess stuff to our house … some is staying here because they don’t have as much storage at this house and some is here only temporary until DD decides what to do with the stuff (yard sale, give it away, take it to Goodwill, etc.). I’m tired and sore this morning, but I can “rest up” at work today. ha!