This weekend I:
- finished hand quilting a doll quilt for T#2 (she got a doll for Christmas, and I took 6 leftover blocks from her big girl quilt and pieced them together to make a doll quilt). I need to bind it; I pulled out the leftover scraps from that quilt to see if I have enough fabric to make binding … I hope to get that done this week.
- basted T#4’s big girl quilt.
- survived some pretty major storms that hit our area (more storm warnings for this evening <sigh>)
- made the carrot cake and layered salad for Easter at DD’s
- watched some baseball and a movie with DH
- worked in the toddler nursery at church during the first service (we had quite a few visitors, including a family who’s 2-3 y.o. boy was in the nursery for the first time … he had to sit in the “time-out” chair 4 times! … in the 50 minutes!).
- had breakfast between the early and late service … our deacons always serve breakfast on Easter, and I do believe that this year’s was the best yet.
- spent the rest of the day at DD’s … watched the Ts “hunt” for eggs and open their gifts … T#1 really enjoyed his pillow pet, which made the hunt for his (a brown bear) worth all the effort! … had Easter dinner with DD & family and DSIL’s parents (we had pork steaks cooked out on the grill with au gratin potatoes, baked beans, layered salad with carrot cake and Texas cake).
It was a wonderful Easter weekend!