Another week has passed, and that means that it’s time for the Hodgepodge!
1. Did March come in like a lion or was it something less ferocious in your neck of the woods?
Remember last week’s Hodgepodge? Where I told you that my brain is like a sieve … well, here’s proof: I cannot remember what kind of weather we had last Thursday … nor can I even remember what I did last Thursday. <sigh> so I cheated and went and looked at the weather for last week. With windy but warm temperatures (mid 60’s), I’d have to say that March came in pretty lamb-like. Which means that it’ll wrap up pretty lion-like, I guess. I’m not surprised given the crazy weather we’ve been having.
2. Speaking of lions, which one's your film favorite...The Cowardly Lion (Wizard of Oz), Mufasa (The Lion King), Elsa (Born Free), or Alex (Madagascar)? You may notice I left Aslan off the list. Including him would have made this question way too easy for many of you.
I’d say the Cowardly Lion … not that I’m a huge fan of his, but I love that movie (generally speaking, I prefer the older classics over many of the more recent movies).
3. What's your favorite spot from which to view the sunrise or sunset?
On the beach … of course. Did you really expect me to answer this any other way? ha!
This is the sunrise on our trip to southern Florida last March. I hope to be able to capture another sunrise when we’re there in 2 1/2 weeks.
4. To what extent is knowledge power and to what extent is truth power? What's the difference?
Knowledge is the knowing of things, but truth … ah, truth triumphs over knowledge. After all, Jesus is the way and the truth and the life … and promised us that through Him, we will know the truth and it will set us free.
5. What's something peculiar you've seen recently?
I wish I had something to share … but if I’ve seen anything peculiar lately, it’s just slipped right through the sieve that is my brain.
6. Bottled water...your thoughts?
It’s convenient, but expensive. I’d prefer to drink the filtered water from my refrigerator … in a refillable cup full of ice. If I’m going to drink water, I want it cold.
7. What's your strongest sense?
With my poor eyesight, it’s obviously not sight (although my sight is my most cherished sense, the one I cannot imagine living without). I’m starting to have to ask people to repeat themselves, so it’s not hearing. I’ve noticed that DD is able to pick up scents that I don’t, so it must not be smell. I guess that leaves taste and touch … and I guess it’s a toss-up as to which one is strongest.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Updates: I decided, yesterday mid-morning, to switch to regular iced tea. So far, the change is going well. I don’t find myself missing the diet Coke. And so far this morning, no bloody nose. Whew! I may have the 2 littler Ts today. Last night their Mama wasn’t feeling her best, so if she’s feeling up to it this morning, she’ll drop the 2 littles off here and take the 2 bigs to the field trip.