1. The first day of spring is here...do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting-your favorite springtime garden chore? How about your least favorite?
Mowing is my favorite … I like the immediate gratification of a freshly-mown lawn. And it doesn’t hurt that our mower has the “personal pace” feature (Personal Pace® self propel system automatically adjusts to your walking speed). I guess I would choose raking as my least favorite.
2. What puts a spring in your step?
Getting to spend some time with my Ts, getting ready to leave on a trip, walking out onto the beach.
3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action?
When we had a fireplace fire (not in the flue, but in the framing for the flue … the builder incorrectly installed the flue, allowing heat to escape, heating up the wood framework so much that after a time, the wood finally caught on fire). I have to admit that my first reaction was one of shock and disbelief … it wasn’t until DD sprung into action that I could get my wits about me and call 9-1-1 and help get our animals out of the house.
4. We're having carrots for dinner...would you prefer yours raw or cooked?
Cooked … and if you’re going to cook them, why not add a little bit of glaze?
5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when its time to check out?
No. Since we travel by car, I can take my regular, full-sized shampoo. No need for anything travel-sized.
6. What's the most enjoyable team or club you've belonged to and what was it that made it so?
I belong to a quilt guild, and I enjoyed it because the guild offers workshops, where I can learn additional skills. I enjoy being able to share experiences and advice with other quilters … and am inspired when I see their handiwork.
7. Is cloning a sign of progress?
Not in my mind. Cloning is an attempt to circumvent the natural order of things, as set into motion by our God.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
For the last week, I’ve been having trouble falling asleep at night, but once I fall asleep, I was able to sleep well. Last night I fell asleep quickly enough, but was awake at 3:00 and could not fall back to sleep. What is up with this?