Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Look What We Found on the Beach




Yesterday on our walk we encountered something else we've never seen here at Hilton Head.


Remember the shell I found earlier?  Its relatives were busy little beavers yesterday ... it was low tide, and we couldn't tell if they were trying to make their way out to sea.  There must have been hundreds of these trails all along the beach. 

One of my unwritten "laws" when we're at the beach is to take a photo - or ten - of the sun rising (or setting if applicable). 

There's something truly humbling about being at the water's edge ... especially when the sun is rising.  It boggles my mind that some think that this earth is just an accident.

I'm still basting hexies ... there's nothing more enjoyable or relaxing than working with my needle and thread near the water's edge.  When we get home, I'll have to count to see how many hexies I basted while we were gone. 

Our days here in paradise are dwindling down to a precious few ... I'm definitely not ready to leave here, although I'm certainly beyond ready to see DD and my Ts ... I'm missing them something fierce ... this is the longest we've been gone and has reinforced the decision we made to stay in illinois when we retired. 

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Kathy 

12 comments:

  1. even though I am not a water person I love walking the beach in the evening looking for shells

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beach pictures. So glad you are having a great time. Enjoy every last second of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sea creatures freak me out :)

    Yes - its a must - sun pictures are a MUST while on a beach - the most beautiful thing about our world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post today.. love all the beachy photos :) Sorry a beach home is not in your retirement future but the sacrifice of that will be worth being Nana and Friend to your family :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beach photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics! Enjoy your last few hours and I bet those T's will be open armed when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures, love the sun rise and being on the beach is definitely the perfect place to be. I agree, when there are grandchildren that's the place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks beautiful there! Love your pictures. So glad the weather cleared up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks lovely, I am so glad you are having such a nice time.
    It really is so beautiful. Have a safe trip home. I bet you are missing your family back home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photographs are beautiful, and would look nice framed :)

    I'm glad you're having a good time, and I know you hate to see it end. There's nothing quite like relaxing beside the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures. I miss walking on the beach. I think we need to take a trip over sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are having such a nice stay...and a productive one! :-)Look forward to seeing all those "hexies" together!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)