After a break from the Hodgepodge (the Hodgepodge requires some heavy duty thinking, and that’s just something I don’t do when at the beach!), I’m baaaaack!
1. What news story are you following right now?
Between being at the beach for a couple of weeks and a busy weekend upon our return, I haven’t seen the news to be following any stories.
2. What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get?
Another week at Hilton Head?
3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu?
We had burgers yesterday at DD’s to celebrate T#2’s birthday. If we’re going to have burgers, I prefer them cooked out on the grill, but if we’re going out for burgers, my favorite place has got to be Five Guys. Love me a little bacon cheeseburger and a little Cajun fries! Yum!
4. How have your priorities changed over time?
I used to be so fastidious about keeping the house neat and tidy. The minute I’d see a smudge, I’d whip out the cleaner and cloth and take care of it. Now … not so much.
5. What's a favorite memory with your grandparents?
I remember a candy dish filled with lemon drops. Playing shuffleboard in their basement. Leckerli and chocolate spritz cookies every year at Christmas.
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.
I’m a woman, therefore I multitask, right? An example? How about yesterday: getting caught up on my recorded episodes of NCIS, doing laundry, checking email and Facebook on my iPad … all while hand stitching.
7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May?
Low: leaving Hilton Head. High: returning home to my favorite people.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hard to believe … but the Queen of Random is having trouble coming up with a random thought today.